TR2 rear light fixing plate

Hi all,  a bit of advice on my TR2 rebuild, on the old rear valance there appears to be a fixing plate for the rear lights, I can't see anything any of the parts books, is this something I need to make? I assume it sits behind the valance/wing. The one on the car has disintegrated so it's hard to see how it goes.... 

rearwing.jpg

DSC_0033.JPG

You need to make sure this little panel is a very good  water tight fit to the rear valance.......the force of rain water off the rear wheels funneled into the rear of the wing can and will blow it through to the boot if not!

Iain

Always a good idea to fit inner wheel arch protectors to reduce the damage caused by mud, stones and water being thrown inside the wings when moving.  Particularly damaging is the huge amount of mud which can accumulate under unprotected wings, creating ideal conditions for body rot!

Ian Cornish

22 minutes ago, iain said:

Hi Ian, is there a source for these for Sidescreen cars?

Would love to know if there is.

Iain

Not currently though a number of people have made their own.

Stuart.