1969 UK PI Gear box mount

Hi all

Given the car was stripped of the engine and box I have no reference other than BB and catalogues to look at. Today I took my box and OD in for a rebuild and the usual weak points addressed. A shame but It turns out its a 4A box/bell housing with a A Type OD so a bit of a Frankenstein!

Can anyone advise if its the TR6 gearbox mount/rubber or something else? I also forgot to ask if the ratios are the same across the 4-6 GB's?

Thanks

Andy

Andy 

from my limited knowledge of this area, a  69 tr6 would have had an A type Od if fitted by factory

l  also didn’t think there were any material differences between a 4A casing and a tr 6 one - the ratios are the same as well so not sure why you think it’s a bitsa unit - it sounds pretty correct to me and the chassis is for a Atype Od in any event so it will drop  straight in

i don’t think you have a problem  less I have misunderstood your post

incidentally , who is doing the refurb?

cheers

Rich

Thanks Rich for the confirmation.

I was just hoping she was going to be all original. Not that bothered really after all its 50 years old no surprise things get swapped out and besides improvements are going to be swapped in.

Andy

2 hours ago, PodOne said:

Hi all

Given the car was stripped of the engine and box I have no reference other than BB and catalogues to look at. Today I took my box and OD in for a rebuild and the usual weak points addressed. A shame but It turns out its a 4A box/bell housing with a A Type OD so a bit of a Frankenstein!

Can anyone advise if its the TR6 gearbox mount/rubber or something else? I also forgot to ask if the ratios are the same across the 4-6 GB's?

Thanks

Andy

ORS know the full specs of the TR6 gearbox/OD and can tell you all the changes through out their production run and there were many. As I understand they started off as a slightly modified TR4A but ended up very near to a Stag gearbox! which was a stronger box.

Bruce.