Phoenix Exhaust Manifold

Hello All,

I've just spent a bit of time "port matching" a recently purchased Phoenix Exhaust Manifold and only just now noticed that the primary pipes of cylinders 4 & 5 are in contact with each other. Can anyone else with the same manifold confirm if this is normal for these manifolds? I'm thinking this may cause resonance problems among other things.

Richard.

Edited by Richard71

A phone call to Phoenix Exhausts this morning, they checked their drawings & assembly jig where it would appear these two pipes do in fact make contact, this is to accommodate various underslung linkages. However, they didn't have any actual manifolds on the shelf, so another quick call to TR Shop to confirm the above.

Richard.

I've just got home and had a look at the Phoenix 6-3-1 on my TR6. None of the primaries touch each other, though 4 and 5 are very close. At the closest point I would estimate there's no more than 2mm clearance between the pipes. The manifold has been on my car over ten years and I've never had any problems with it.

Hope this helps.

Nigel