Can non competitors see results Sprint / hillclimb?

Hi, 

I've done quite a few events (30?) in various classic cars, including a class championship win in the MGCC Speed Championship but recently I've cut back to a couple of local events per year in relatively modern cars. I'm thinking about a return to more classic competition and like the look of the Revington regs. I would like to try and understand how well supported the various classes are in the Championship. I know that bogey times mean that you can still compete if there is no one in your class on the day. But I also know that it is more fun when you have someone to race against on the day. If I was to join (assuming you'd have me!) , it would have to be in either the road sport class or the lower end of the tuned road going. Probably in a Spitfire.  

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

welcome

most of the info is here. It needs updating to 2019 but little if anything has changed. 

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/motorsport

there is also a contact link to the coordinator who I am sure will fill you in. Every class is well supported as are the vast majority of the venues. 

Class of your car will depend on level of modification from original  

and it’s power and weight  

H

HI Hamish, yes, thanks for the link. I've read the regs. I was just interested that the reports I have found tend to be dominated by TR6s and 7 V8s and I was wondering if that was typical. There don't seem to be many Spitfires and other smaller-engined cars in the lower power to weight classes. 

I've joined the Facebook group so will keep an eye on there. 

Thanks again

Chris

There are some spitfires, tr3’s, Vitesse etc. 

Class 2 seems to be the biggest class. 

H

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris

The attached files show 2018 results. This year so far we have 6 non TRs, 3 sidescreen TRs, 7 TR4s, 5 TR6s, 3 TR7s and 5 TR7 V8s.

Enter the Championship and get back into motorsport - it's what the car was built for.

Roger

Results 2018.xlsx Position to Date 2018.xlsx