Seat Replacement

Hi Ian,

I just purchased a pair from him. Excellent. Just waiting for them to be shipped from UK to Spain.

Bottom Farm

Hatchers Lane

Owslebury

Nr Winchester

Hampshire

SO21 1LX

Work shop number 01962 777800

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dave from sunny Spain

Have recently purchased 2 seat from him, very very good.

His email is pbuapp@googlemail.com

Dave

image.png

16 hours ago, DRD said:

Is it just MX5 seats he does or will he refurb original seats as well.

The question is DRD how good are the seat frames as they suffer from broken welds and metal fatigue and if one has to pay a welder to do this! This will put the cost up, my seat frames needed one hour's work per seat frame with out making the repair sections for the fatigue cracks on the tubing, these were made from lengths of milled metal electrical conduit. My view now is go straight for MX5 seats.

Bruce.

From what I saw in his workshop, MX5 Seats seemed to be a big part of his work, probably worth contacting him directly to see if he has an appetite for refurbing others.

...... Andy 

23 hours ago, DRD said:

Thanks Dave - I'll give them a go.

Daz

Daz.

If it's originals you want refurbing, my wife does a good job,. She has recently done my seats , door cards etc. If of any interest send me a message and i can send some pictures. 

Len

Ian,

I was not quite sure whether you wanted replacement seats or just to re cover your existing ones so if you want the former:

I have a pair of as new Ridgard seats with TR6 runners and set up to allow the seats to tilt forward and lock in position when driving ie they work as per the original tr6 seats.

They are Black , and come with head rests and seat belt guides

I bought them for my TR restoration but did not complete the project

Let me know if interested and i will send you some photo's

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by Red 6

Hi Ian,

I have recently had my original TR6 seats refoamed and recovered. First guy who did it made an absolute hash of the job. I luckily came across an upholsterer that recovered most of the damage and pleased with the results. I did not have any broken frame welds although one of the sprung wire springs in the seat I had to re-make. Happy to share detail if you are interested. I am in North Essex.

I have collected my refurbished MX5 seats from MA Carstyle in Germany, this is probably too far for TR-ers from the UK, but a good source for the EU people; they can ship them too. I went for the set that includes the panels in the same black leather. Very pleased with them. Oh, and seat heating was installed too. I plan to make the brackets per the club CD.

Waldi

AC305ACD-A499-4D8A-B66C-D6CE53164602.jpeg

Thanks Andy,

last night this little boy webt to his toy to test the seat in the car:)  

Cheers,

Waldi

These are my seats from John Bishop, now in Spain took little more a week to get here. Just waiting to recover completely fro my hip operation. Then to get the adaptors made.

Kind Regards,  Dave from Sunny ,sunny Spain

20190209_081312.thumb.jpg.29a0e826e7f64f59704c1950ea44ebfa.jpg

On 3/3/2019 at 2:55 PM, dave-lewis said:

These are my seats from John Bishop, now in Spain took little more a week to get here. Just waiting to recover completely fro my hip operation. Then to get the adaptors made.

Kind Regards,  Dave from Sunny ,sunny Spain

20190209_081312.thumb.jpg.29a0e826e7f64f59704c1950ea44ebfa.jpg

Looking comfy Dave!!

On 3/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, John Bracher said:

Looking comfy Dave!!

They are John, I fitted a set of Paul Bishop's seats to VUX lat September in preparation for our 3 week/3,500+ mile drive to Spain, SofF and Italy in June - just some final fettling to the seat height needed.

Cheers, Andrew

Test fitted:

53810976_10213809142957973_6861989517046

44455671_10212987203369997_4005696021639

Edited by Andrew Smith

Hi Andrew,

those brackets are nice and simple. 

Are they stiff enough? If so, do you have the dimensions please?

Thanks,

Waldi

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

Hi Andrew,

those brackets are nice and simple. 

Are they stiff enough? If so, do you have the dimensions please?

Thanks,

Waldi

Hi Waldi,

I don't have the dimensions, but they are pretty sturdy - about 3/4mm thick.

You can buy them direct from Paul Bishop and TR Trader also sell them - there are some MX5 seat brackets with measurements etc on the Technicalities CD or if you use the search facilities I'm pretty sure Stuart has posted them in the past.

Regards, Andrew

Thank you Andrew,

I’m aware of the brackets on the CD.

the simplicity of these btackets is attractive.

Regards,

Waldi

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

Thank you Andrew,

I’m aware of the brackets on the CD.

the simplicity of these btackets is attractive.

Regards,

Waldi

Waldi I have this type of seat bracket in my 6 and they are not quite as simple as they may look, all four are individually different. Each one is stamped with their correct location ie right front, Left rear etc. quite technical to draw with the offsets. I understand mine originally were suppled by TR Trader. The type on the CD are quite easy to make as I have them on my 4A.

Paul