Grille Trim WANTED Please

Hi Bob,

I may have what you are looking for. I have the "3/4" one piece surround which stops both sides across the top of the so there is a gap. I think this was the earliest one and not to be confused with the 3 part one.

Drop me a PM

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

John.

I needed the trim you have when I was building my car up, I baulked at the price of repro ones, so in the end went for a chrome effect plastic strip from Woolies Trim.

Only an expert would spot the difference !

Grill.thumb.jpg.650737351933ff39d0370dd921f99f51.jpg

On 2/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, johnhodges said:

I have this trim which I bought years ago but never fitted, it's obviously repro. and stainless rather than chrome, but send me a PM if interested.

John

TR Trim.jpg

Hi John, 

Thanks for the offer, I need the 3/4 trim for mine, I think yours would suit an earlier car. 

Cheers Bob 

16 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Hi John, 

Thanks for the offer, I need the 3/4 trim for mine, I think yours would suit an earlier car. 

Cheers Bob 

No Bob thats for a TR3

Stuart.

54 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Hi Stuart,

Going by the link that Stan posted at the top of this thread, the 603177   3/4  trim is for the late TR2.

Would you disagree?

Thanks

Bob

Cross purposes I was referring to your comment on the picture you had quoted....................Oh never mind its all got lost in the cross postings now anyway.

Stuart.

Hi Bob,

Replied to your pm.

This a part that was fitted to an early TR2 but is not appropriate for my car. It was probably fitted as a modernisation as was the norm back in the day to make the same seem newer than it actually was.

Rod