Prestige Underslung Throttle Linkage

Good evening all,

I purchased a CP throttle linkage from  Prestige at the Stoneleigh event.

Has anyone else had problems with fitting these ? I can't get the fast idle cam to line up with the adjustment bolt,  I have spent 2 hours trying to line it up, but without any joy.

Please see attached photo, which I sent to Prestige, sadly no reply as yet.

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Mark.

IMG_0085.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Ogram said:

Good evening all,

I purchased a CP throttle linkage from  Prestige at the Stoneleigh event.

Has anyone else had problems with fitting these ? I can't get the fast idle cam to line up with the adjustment bolt,  I have spent 2 hours trying to line it up, but without any joy.

Please see attached photo, which I sent to Prestige, sadly no reply as yet.

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Mark.

IMG_0085.jpg

Can't help with your linkage problem, no doubt someone who can will be along with advice shortly. Be advised though, Malcolm (Prestige) doesn't do emails etc, he is however always a good help over the phone, give him a ring on Monday morning.

Richard.

P.S.

Are you certain your throttle bodies are all in alignment?

Edited by Richard71

Thanks Richard, the throttle bodies are in alignment, when fitting, I used a straight edge along the spigots and the centreline of the linkage fixing bolt holes. 

• 2 weeks later...

loosen all 6 bolts holding the 3 brackets to the inlet manifolds and move the brackets along the shaft to take out any play between the brackets and the flange on the shaft, this should result in the slow running cam lining up with the bolt head and the shaft turning easily, a quick spray of WD40 at the shaft bushes also helps.

Hi Trtechie,

Thanks, have done that. I am going to replace the bolt with a knurled thumb screw, the head diameter is 16mm, so this will solve the problem.