Moving my car in the garage with dollies?

Does anyone have any experience with using "wheel positioning dollies" to move/store a car in the garage?  My garage is tight and I'd like to be able to get my car in and out of a tight space easily.....

If they work well - or are rubbish - please let me know.

The castors (on mine) are quite small and it takes a bit of a shove to get the car moving. You need a fairly smooth floor surface too as even a small stone can stop a castor from turning. 

That said I found them a godsend. 

First thing I bought when I moved to the present workshop 15 yrs ago as the doors are in the middle and cars need to go out to each side, couldnt live without them now though as stated a rough floor doesnt help, Im lucky mine is power floated off so nice and smooth.

I have 4 of these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/awd1-automotive-wheel-dolly-pair/

Stuart.

I bought four of the hydraulic wheel skates from SGS on one of their offers. These just slip around the wheel and then you "jack" each of  them up with a hydraulic foot pedal until the car wheel is off the ground. I preferred those to the dollies where you jack the car up  with a normal jack then lower the car onto the dollies. I would expect the hydraulic skates to be more useful on a regular car moving basis.

To be honest two would have been enough for my needs, and they are also great for pushing the caravan into a dead corner of the garage. Without them I could not have made use of all the space in my garage.

I usually have an engine block parked on one as they are useful trollies around the garage.

Alan

FWIW Chris that does stuff for me has a pair of the hydraulic skates for sale if anyone is interested.

Stuart.

Well, all the answers confirmed my thoughts - great things to have in tight spaces. One question: if my car is going to sit on them for extended periods, would the dollies (with a curved surface for the tire) be preferable to the skates with two bars? Thinking about spots on the tires....

I have the curved plate dollies from sgs engineering. They are excellent for all the reasons others have described. The curved plate style I suppose does help with avoiding flat spots. 

One other thing to mention, when not in use they do take up a lot of space.  Mine hang on the wall and with all four hanging vertically above each other take up the whole height of my garage.