Looking for TR3 (possibly 3A) reg ERA

Hi all,

I am new to the TR Register, and am looking for a car from my youth (I have posted a similar post in Cars Reunited).

When I was a lad (in the 60s) my uncle had a red TR which I used to ride in - I always thought it was a TR3A, but may have been a TR3 with 3A parts. His name was Conrad Clark and he lived in Marple in Cheshire.

I guess he sold it in the 70s or 80s. He died some years ago and the only identification we have left is a cousin who remembers its registration letters were "ERA". No photos unfortunately.

I am just reaching retirement age myself and I am searching for that car, to see whether it still exists, and what became of it. Possibly, whether the owner would be interested in selling it for my retirement project!

Some email exchanges with the office of TR-Register have turned up a TR3 of the right age with Reg 798ERA. The Register has it as blue now, but no evidence as to whether it once was red or is indeed "the" car. The  gov.uk MOT site states 798ERA is now GREEN, first registered 24th July 1957, and MOT expired 18th March 2013.

If anyone has any information that might help I would much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Paul Clark 

If known to the club, the Registrar for the sidescreen TRs, Mike Ellis, might be able to contact the owner to see whether s/he would be prepared to talk to you.

Mike's email is on page 82 of TR Action magazine.

Ian Cornish