KRS 613F for sale

7 minutes ago, Hamish said:

It says the advert has been removed. 

Leaving some basic text. 

Blimey, so it has. That since I cut & pasted it on here-- how odd, unless its sold ?.

it was CP1009 by the way - and up for £41000

[I did keep the pictures too]

Edited by mehere

Very interested to see the pictures,

Tim

3 minutes ago, Tim T said:

Very interested to see the pictures,

Tim

I have been advised I should send them private - as they are the sellers pictures. 

IF anyone can tell me how to do that, though :)

Edited by mehere

Have sent you a PM.

Tim

I would suggest you do a HPI check on the car if you are seriously interested - It is apparently an insurance write off and the seller is well aware.

I was asked to look into it by a potential buyer also..... I don't know whether it was withdrawn from sale as a result of this or not!

Mark

• 1 month later...

I made contact with the owner early on before the advertisement was removed. I did a HPI check and it revealed that the car was a Cat F (Damaged by Fire) insurance right off. I have since met him and viewed the car. In 1995 the car suffered a cockpit fire caused by vandalism, which as far as I could tell has been repaired to a high standard. The owner claimed that this was settled as a normal insurance claim and it was not written off. He got in touch with me yesterday to tell me that this has now been corrected and a fresh HPI report should now reflect this. 

This car was never an insurance write off and I was not aware of the hpi entry until pointed out to me. The HPI register has now been corrected. I removed the ad pending this and glad to be proved correct. I have owned the car for nearly 30 years spent a fortune and it’s a beauty.  Luckily still my beauty.

surprised by the comment by Marko. No very friendly.  

Seems to me that marko's factual comments would have been
correct at the time and his advice could well have helped another
member make a fair assessment of the car.

Christian - glad you got the true situation sorted.

AlanR

17 minutes ago, TR 2100 said:

Seems to me that marko's factual comments would have been
correct at the time and his advice could well have helped another
member make a fair assessment of the car.

Christian - glad you got the true situation sorted.

AlanR

"It is apparently an insurance write off and the seller is well aware" - neither factual or correct according to my dictionary.

7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

"It is apparently an insurance write off and the seller is well aware" - neither factual or correct according to my dictionary.

Seems to me that at the time of marko's post, the car could
well have been still listed as a write off in the HPI records and
that  the owner was aware and in the process of correcting the
records.

I don't understand the relevance of dictionary definitions of
"factual" and "correct".

AlanR

Had Marko posted "I have performed an HPI check which shows the car as being a write off"  "And I have informed the seller" that would be both factual and correct. 

By stating that it is 'apparently' a write off and that the seller is well aware suggests that there is an attempt to deceive / mislead.  

Any how, it seems that it is all sorted now and I wish all involved good luck with the sale.

So I was asked by a client to have a look at the advert for KRS 613F on the 12th Feb 2019 as I have sold and owned many TR5's over the years.

I subsequently HPI'd the car to mainly check the chassis and engine number to ensure it was a genuine TR5, which it is / was.

The HPI check highlighted that the car was listed as an Insurance Write off (total loss) with HPI on the 14th Dec 1995.

I merely fed this information back to my client and he emailed the vendor to discuss as I understand. That's as far as I went as he didn't want the car inspected based on that information.

Regards Mark

Thank you Hawk you have got the point -

Marko I was not aware at the time I placed the ad as you inferred. After being informed I immediately removed the ad then set about getting matters corrected. Now achieved against the odds thankfully.

Anyway this all took me by surprise became a bit unpleasant and now resolved.

Thank you to anyone who tried to help. The car is not for sale at present.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

So, if I'm not wrong, and my understanding is correct, Christian learned that his car was (wrongly) listed as a write off BECAUSE Mark made some research for a potential customer.

There is a Lesson to learn : if your classic  car was damaged in an accident in the past, you'd better check if it has been (wrongly, again !) writen off by the authorities.

Edited by Chris59