TR2 - MJU 957 Do you know it?

I believe that my Great Uncle owned this car in the late 1950s or 1960s.  He lived in Leicestershire at the time.  That's all I know, but would be fascinated to know if it still exists.  I should add that I know nothing about Triumphs, so I'm assuming it is a TR2 but please correct me if I'm wrong!  Many thanks in advance for any information.

IMG_20190208_205401_resized_20190208_094545841.jpg

Doesn’t seem to be recognised at Dvla currently. 

Edited by Hamish
Correcting Auto correct

Definitely a TR2 James. It's a "short door" car so dates from roughly the second half of the model's production run 1954/55. A pity it is not on the DVLA records as Hamish reports. Good luck in tracking it down, or at least some more recent history. It is possible the car still exists but has been off the road since before the DVLA records were computerised and would therefore never have needed to be sorned,  is under long term restoration (there are a lot!) and the owner has not bothered to make an application to retain the original registration mark.  

Another possibility I am afraid is that the car was acquired at some time as a basket case for full restoration but there was insufficient documentation such as original log book, expired tax discs or old MOT certificates for the DVLA to ascribe its original registration mark. It would then have been registered on an age related (non-suffix) plate. So your Great Uncle's old "car" may still exist somewhere but not as MJU 957.

Tim