mx5 seats for a TR6

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me what the sizes of the back and squab of the Mk 2 MX 5 seats with the seperate head rest are?

How is the best way to package and prepare a pair for transport to Spain? etc what is needed etc.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks in anicipation.

See you on Sunday.

Kind Regards,

Dave from Spain now in the UK for the Triumph Spares Day, Stoneleigh

Hi pkurzok,

Can you please clarify.

Thanks

Kind Regards 

Dave in UK

Hi Dave,

Can you be more specific as to the dimensions you want. I have a pair of seats here that I can measure for you but I don't know which measurements you want exactly eg Height (from where to where?) width, depth?, including or excluding head rest?, measured as one or separate for seat and back?, with runners on or off, measured from floor or bottom of seat  etc etc.

I'm taking them with me to Stoneleigh to pass on to their new owner but you're welcome to take a look at them if you need specific dims etc.

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I have picked up my seats today. I can measure them now, the quandary I am in is how to pack them the most safe and economical way, and being able to get a cardboard box big enough and strong enough to take the two seats. ready for shipment to Spain.

Thanks again,

Dave from Spain in the UK

Hi Dave,

the company where I ordered my seats (MA Carstyle in Germany) does ship them in thick card board boxes, So look for a thick car board box and stuff the box with papers or other soft material.

Maybe a bicycle shop can provide you with the thick cardboard used for shipping bicycles so you can use that to make your own boxes?

Waldi

Thanks to everyone, for all suggestions etc. especially to Tom Morrison, for offering to take them to his house and pack them for me. They are packed up ready for collection around the 20th.

Thanks to the guys and gals that manned the TR Register  stand at Stoneleigh for their hard work and Andy and Lin for the tea, coffee and biccies.I had a great day looking around and great to see old faces again.

Kind Regards,

Dave from Spain   6.30 am flight in the morning.

Edited by dave-lewis
add text