CP throttle linkage

Hello All'

Could some one please send me detailed pictures of the CP PI throttle linkage.

Also, which is perfered, the original or the unit from Prestige Injection, I have managed to obtain both, but it looks like the original setup may be easier to setup, I say this because of the way the links are made, in either case I will have to gather additional parts because neither is complete. That is why I'm looking for detailed pictures. any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

post-9473-0-53359600-1494784790_thumb.jpgpost-9473-0-71651700-1494784810_thumb.jpg

attached two photos that may help.

i rebuilt my cp linkage with new blue poly bushes and more easily adjusted links a few years ago.

settin up was pretty easy with the flow gauge, and i’ve not had to touch them in a couple of years.

steve

Sorry no, i dont use the fast idle cam.

i find the car starts easily with full ‘choke’ and catching the engine on the throttle.

engine will idle after about 30 seconds holding on the throttle.

steve

Hi USA-PI,

here’s a couple of pick of the fast idle cam and the entire linkage. The cam is not yet adjusted on my car.

Regards,

Waldi

63577A8B-B9F9-44AA-A3F2-48C11ACF111F.jpeg

A15F33A7-79BB-4B3B-A389-2C560A73C13A.jpeg

19A2F7E0-7FFB-43A5-A7C2-E0ECD18877B3.jpeg

Edited by Waldi

Guys, thank you, Waldi, Thanks for the pictures, extremely helpful ?, the spring for the fast idle cam I have the wire, but where does it attach to the frame.

Guys Thanks again for all the advice

Edited by USA-PI

The wire is something I haven’t found in my search for completing my P.I. system.

Seems to be unavailable at the moment,thinking of making one out of some stainless wire.

If one of you kind Gents could through the length of wire my way I would be very appreciative.

Answer to your question USA-P.I. I think it attaches to the frame that holds the air plenum tube in place.

Mark.

I use stainless welding wire and make it fit to a nut on the underside of the exhaust manifold I will try and post a picture later of the set up.

In my car the (copper, home made) wire pictured in an earlier post is not connected. I was hoping to learn where it should be connected.

Evening Chaps,

I  have a '69 TR6 and can concur as per elclem, the fast cam spring wire is as per the last pic from Waldi. That is, it runs pretty much vertically down and the loop on the end of the spring 'extension wire' is just clipped onto the spare bolt threads of the engine mounting bolts. That's chassis side, not engine side of the mounting. I would nip out and take a pic from my car, but it's packed in for winter in the garage with various items around and stuff, so not 5 min task to get access with the bonnet up...! 

On the face of it, you wouldn't think it would stay there, but the tension of the spring holds it remarkably well. Fast idle cam is brilliant in my view, correctly adjusted (backed off compared to std) my car starts and idles at 1200rpm until 'choke' is no longer required...

Cheers, J.

Hi guys 

Here are a couple of pictures showing the wire and spring on my 1972 CP car - as James says above, you wouldn't think it would stay there, but it does!

I got the hook wire from Revington nearly 4 years ago, part number 149785 LINK WIRE TR5-6 for the princely sum of £1.16 plus p&p, but I'm sure you can easily make your own.

Cheers

Steve

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi All.

I am in the UK and new member to the Club having haveing just bought a TR6 CP50535. Working through the car I have found that the cold start arrangement mentioned in this thread is missing from the throttle linkage arrangement. Does anyone have this assembly for sale or perhaps there is a kind sole willing to let me borrow the item so I can get it made.

Hi All.

I thought I would update you on the solution John L proposed and the fantastic outcome. I contacted Martin Chase of Fred Millturn (https://fredmillturnparts.com) who manufactures an upgrade to the cold start system which removes the need for a dual cable and come complete with all brackets, cams and springs and link cable to the fuel metering unit choke system. 

I will let you all know the outcome when I have installed It.

Hi all, I have made a little bracket that goes under the nut on the top engine mount. You can then rotate the bracket and it allows you to get the spring pressure you want without having to adjust the coat hanger each time!  The squares on the green mat are 10mm each so it gives you an idea of the sizes if you want to make your own up. I have also commissioned a batch of springs with longer legs that means we can do away with the coat hanger once and for all! Kind regards Martin (Fred Millturn Parts).

choke cam return spring.jpeg

IMG_9638.jpeg