restoring seats

1 hour ago, pkurzok said:

hi guys

the seats in my tr6 are 69 usa style seats 

the parts in orange have broken and I cannot replace any ideas please 

thanks .paul

IMG_20190128_0001.jpgMy seats were rebuilt 15 years ago and it cost me £800 approx.

Hi Paul,

Having rebuilt 1973 TR6 seats, the issue for me is how good are the seat frame welds as both my seats needed a substantial amount of welding per seat frame as the original welds had broken. If that happen to me again and with the cost of foam and covers ,etc.. I would not rebuild them but go for MX 5 seats. Looking at the Moss Parts Book, I do not know whether those side support wires can be repaired by turning up a number of sleeves out of m/s, then silver soldering them to the original wires? But that maybe worth a try?

Bruce. 

Hi, 

I am currently restoring a TR6, the original seats were both in terrible condition.

Got a couple of professionally refurbished MX5 seats in leather with fixing kit for a bit over £600. Obtained from a guy in Winchester, got his details from posts on this forum.

In my opinion they are fantastic and very comfortable.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b08.thumb.jpg.cfd2ce1594e18c2bbbfb6fb51af1dca6.jpgLet me know if you need the detail and i'll try and dig them out.

Dave

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

They look great Dave. I presume that was Paul Bishop?

Thanks, yes thats the guy, excellent job he does.