TR4 Rear Bumper Required

Has anyone got a rear bumper for sale?   TR4, 4A or 5, I think they are all the same.

I'm looking for something dent free but in need of re-chroming.  I've got the front and a full set of over riders ready to go for chrome plating, but the rear blade is too far gone for economical resurrection.

I'm in Herefordshire and happy to travel to collect, within reason.

Cheers,

Rob

If it wasn’t for the ‘dent free’ part, I’m pretty sure I could help you with this. 

I have a variety of bumpers for various different TR models, all need a small amount of straightening and rechroming. 

Most rechromers will be able to sort out the required fettling prior to rechroming.

Are you really sure you need dent free?

David

Thanks David, Conrad,

I set the bar high for "dent free" as one person's "slightly dented" could be another's "run over by an artic".  I have one of those already.

I'm just looking for something that I can take to be re-chromed that wont end up costing me twice as much to cover a load of prep work.  I'm sure I could buy a set of reproduction stainless bumpers and over riders for probably less money, but I like the idea of keeping as many factory parts as possible.  I know they will fit.

Could anyone advise how much it is likely to cost to get a full set of bumpers and over riders re-chromed?

Are there any recommendations for good quality places to get chroming done in the West Midlands.  I am aware there are many, but recommendation is a good place to start.

Cheers,

Rob

21 minutes ago, Rob Clarke said:

Thanks David, Conrad,

I set the bar high for "dent free" as one person's "slightly dented" could be another's "run over by an artic".  I have one of those already.

I'm just looking for something that I can take to be re-chromed that wont end up costing me twice as much to cover a load of prep work.  I'm sure I could buy a set of reproduction stainless bumpers and over riders for probably less money, but I like the idea of keeping as many factory parts as possible.  I know they will fit.

Could anyone advise how much it is likely to cost to get a full set of bumpers and over riders re-chromed?

Are there any recommendations for good quality places to get chroming done in the West Midlands.  I am aware there are many, but recommendation is a good place to start.

Cheers,

Rob

To rechrome existing bumpers with no major prep work will be around £1000....

Buy a set of Harrington stainless bumpers for less and they fit well, last ages and look superb :)

Tom

10 minutes ago, Rob Clarke said:

Thank Tom,

I'll give it some thought.  TR Shop advertise full sets of stainless bumpers, are these Harrington?

Rob

Yes they are. We buy off the TR Shop regarding bumpers