Options to locate OD light and fan override switch

To be honest, I am quite happy with an on / off switch for the overdrive, & if I am not sure if it is in then I look at the rev counter verses speedo readings.

Straight top & they track each other, OD in & revs drop.

Bob.

Alf,

You say :

“I wonder if my LED could be a 12v version, must check....”

Looking at the picture you posted I note there is a resistor-shaped bulge under the heat-shrink on the red wire.
I guess it is “12 volt ready”

If you wanted to you could slice off the sleeve to reveal the colour bands on the resistor and then you would know the value ( If you don't know the colour code values yourself you could post them on here and get an answer. )

The colour code goes something like
Black         (***)=0
Brown      (***)=1
Red            (***)=2
Orange    (our)=3
Yellow      (young)=4
Green       (girls)=5
Blue          (but)=6
Violet       (***)=7
Grey         (go)=8
White       (without)=9

(Make up your own words to fit the "***" bits. If you learnt electronics in the 1960's you probably already know them.)

Charlie.

I wish I’d read this thread before embarking on my mods - seems I could have added an LED or two .......

But by deleting the dimmer rheostat and windscreen washer pump (and using the radio aperture and the hole in the TR4 dashboard I bought in error), I managed to include :

washer pump button

hazard warning switch

fan override switch

spot lights switch

reversing light switch

rear fog light switch

sidelight switch - this because it’s a legal requirement in Denmark to have some form of front light on at all times. I have extra sidelights in the spotlights and headlights which should suffice, so i intend to wire these to the ignition but have a switch to turn them off if necessary.

At the same time I intend to rewire the column light switch for main beam so I can do away with the dipper switch on the floor.

I have a wiring diagram for all this on the other current wiring thread - would be very glad of any comments. There’s also an editable version of the AAW wiring diagram.

And Hamish, I’m a mechanical engineer - electrickery can be mastered, you just have to take it nice and slow ..... having said that, I confess I’m stumped by the Smartscreen unit......

144824C5-5AA1-4235-84BC-347F0BD1FAFE.jpeg

B20146E5-E6D3-416B-AFB5-A213A4F24A6C.jpeg

4A808EE5-D3CC-444F-94FC-FBE8D1AE1C4D.jpeg

FEB430CB-54E6-44E6-B891-4C9007B0A78F.jpeg

Edited by ricky30dk
12 hours ago, silverfox4 said:

Nice! Did you make the switch identifier back plates 

Alf

Thanks Alf. No - I bought them on ebay from the landrover guy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucas-Durite-Toggle-Switch-Metal-Tags-Tab-Labels-Classic-Car-Boat-Land-Rover-F-H/282674483803?hash=item41d0b6525b:m:mOwO_HIgAB9AhOPyDYoSx_A&var=581889527848

I can see that he has expanded his range since I bought mine - looks like you can get just about anything off the shelf....and if you want “ejector seat” or something else, he could probably knock it up for a price.

They didn’t fit my choice of toggle switch very well so I had to glue them to the vinyl. If I were to do it again I would use a little double sided tape as the glue got everywhere and the solvent I used to remove it started to remove the black paint as well.