Throttle linkage to replace or repair

I found that fitting polybushes to the shaft and new linkages made a world of difference, then balance with flow gauge.

steve

Hi Billy,

Moss sell the blue PU bearing bushes which replace the original nylon bushes.

You will need 3 of them.

Remove the linkage from the TB for better access, remove the old nylon bushes (if they are still there). My car had only 2 left.

Insert the new bushes. If they do not fit easily, warm up in warm water, that helps. The middle one you need to give one radial cut with a sharp (stanley) knife, and then you can install it.

Then install the linkage back on the TB’s and align it; it should rotate easy, if not, the long lod may be a bit  out of round, you can straighten it in a vice using a straight edge for reference.

Waldi

Billy,

my above post is correct for your CP linkage. Best to study  the Moss catalog with drawing before you start; there is a spacer ring on the middle TB for example, if you forget that one the bracket will not bolt up nicely.

Waldi

post-9473-0-53359600-1494784790_thumb.jpgpost-9473-0-71651700-1494784810_thumb.jpgYes, those blue bushes and new linkages are what i fitted ( i have cp throttle bodies on my mongrel), photo attached and one of the flowmeter.

steve

Edited by Steves_TR6

I’ve just upgraded my CR to the Prestige kit (based in Wrexham).  It’s completely changed the engine’s smoothness and running. Very impressed.  Much more adjustable than the CR kit.