Sun visors duff parts ?

Evening all,

Has anyone else come across this please, and how did you resolve it?

A few months ago, I bought a full sun visors kit from Rimmers because my project car did not have any fitted. I've spent this afternoon fitting them and all was going well until it came to fitting the visor, complete with inner and outer bars to the clips on the screen frame. Both of the outer bars https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-812761 seem to be shaped completely wrongly in that when the outer side is secured to the bracket and screwed to the screen frame, the inner bar is pointing several inches above from the inner clip on the frame.

I thought I could solve this by putting a bend in the outer bar so tightened the flat end in the vice and applied pressure at which point the bar snapped at the point where it flattens (see pic below). Seems to be very soft metal - maybe bakelite or something like that.

Anyway, I will complain to Rimmers and hopefully get replacements but I presume these will also be orientated incorrectly.

Has anyone come across this and solved it?

Thanks,

Sean 

Sunvisor bars.jpg