Front subframe terminally rusty? Need replacement

Hi all....  been under the rustiest dirtiest TR7 I've ever seen and have got as far as removing the front subframe, which is rotten in one arm. I'm assuming these can't be repaired or have any kind of repair section so am looking for a replacement. Any tips for suppliers who won't charge the earth, or does anyone have one for sale that will fit a 1980 2 litre?

Colin

DSCF6226.jpg.4965a8517c50aa4965c21c06afd0cc01.jpg

I've found Robsport, S and S and James Paddock are good for used / reconditioned Wedge parts in the past.

At only 9 years old, my 2.0L subframe attracted an exchange surcharge for a V8 item due to corrosion. 

Wayne at Robsport has one, a bit dented and rusty, Steve at S+S also has some but haven't seen pics of those.

Panic now (almost) over... 

My 7 failed it's MOT last year as it had a small hole in the underside of the subframe. The garage said they would have to remove it to weld as it was so close to the Mountings. I decided it was cheaper to fit a replacement and eventually found one on eBay for £180, plus travelling from the Cotswolds to Manchester to collect it.

The removal of the old one and fitting the replacement was a lot easier than I thought. I was so glad I made the decision to do it as when the old one came off it was virtually crumbling away! It would never have been repairable and was probably very dangerous!  Not sure at what point my 1981 TR7 will become MOT exempt, but this was a problem that I probably wouldn't have noticed until I experienced structural failure!

• 2 months later...

Got one from S&S, Wingo; I've already blasted it, repainted it and fitted with polybushes.

Mike - I know what you mean; mine literally fell apart when removed. I couldn't reuse it had I wanted to, but I was also offered some by private sellers that were in the same state, with the usual nudge-nudge-wink-wink about MOT exemption; one potential seller assumed I was repairing the TR to sell it on and stated that the new owner would never notice anyway...

Of course after the panic I had, as a new TR7 owner , wondering if they ever came up for sale, it turned out there are more than a few available, so panic over!

Edited by UlsterTR7
spelling...!