windscreen

Hi Paul

I've tried all the rubbers from Moss Rimmers etc. The only one that fits (in my experience) is the rubber from TR shop. Even that is a struggle.

My method was to put the rubber onto the frame, tape it in with masking tape if necc and leave it for a few days to take shape. Hopefully in a warm environment. Then the usual, use a small diameter rope, insert into the rubber, insert the screen and work from top downwards slowly and carefully. Then just leave it for another few days, before applying the windscreen sealant. Wipe off excess with paraffin.

best Bill

Cold weather and fitting rubber doesn't always work, dunk the rubber in a bucket of warm to hot water and let it become more pliable before fitting.

Check the height of the glass: it should not exceed 15-3/8" ( as several I got did ). More than that it will never go in without surgery and subsequent leaks.

This dimension or less will allow it to practically fall into place without assistance, needing only a lubricant of your choosing ( I use rubber protectant spray ) and 1/4" nylon braided rope.

Cheers,

Tom

I can hardly wait for this job! 

Might be easier to bung a fitter a few quid to do it.

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

I can hardly wait for this job! 

Might be easier to bung a fitter a few quid to do it.

Problem you will have with that is most of them these days have never fitted one like that as they are used to the modern bonded screens.

Stuart.

22 hours ago, stuart said:

Problem you will have with that is most of them these days have never fitted one like that as they are used to the modern bonded screens.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart your probably right.

Shame we can't bond ours and use a rubber trim to cover.