Clutch Master Cylinder woes

As part of my TR6 "freshen up" I decided to fit a new clutch master cylinder and boot.

Rimmers supplied both as ordered but upon fitting the shiny new cylinder the existing pipe fitting is too small and just drops into the threaded port.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did you rectify the issue?  An adaptor perhaps?

On another note and I'm sure this is common, what is the best way to get the dreaded rubber clevis boot to fit into the bulkhead and seal properly?

I've tried several times over the years without success.

Help!

Hi Markus,

yes ive seen many master cylinders with an adaptor between pipe and cylinder . Always thought I was missing something.

Should be available from usual suppliers.

As for the boot I’m trying to fit mine,just when you think it’s in out it comes. Left it till I have a little more patience :).

Mark

Edited by Mark69
2 hours ago, Mark69 said:

As for the boot I’m trying to fit mine,just when you think it’s in out it comes. Left it till I have a little more patience :).

Mark

That's what I did. I suspect it's never going to be inserted properly

Thanks Mark and Sean.

Does anyone know the p/n for the adaptor?

I have a cunning plan for the boot.

We're having a spot of rather "warm" weather here at the moment so a little sun baking for the boot at gas mark "HOT" and then when well lubricated (me, not the boot) I'll shove it in and hope for the best!  What could possibly go wrong?

Cheers!

Regarding the boot, I`ve  tried numerous ones from different suppliers over the years and never had one that fits.

They all seem to have not enough depth.

Dave