What Motorbike(s) do you have in your garage?

10 hours ago, John Reilly said:

My first lockdown project. To recover an an abandoned and dismanteld 1952 Ariel.

Sold my 1070 Bonneville in summer 2019 and thought I was finished with biking and then I saw an ad for this bike and as it was local I decided to have a look, fatal!

It left the UK in 1995 to go to Kenya, came to Ireland in 2004 and was stripped down and forgotten soon afterwards. Running nicely now after a bit of love and skint knuckles

John

Ariel KH500.jpg

That’s lovely, good work !

16 hours ago, John Reilly said:

My first lockdown project. To recover an an abandoned and dismanteld 1952 Ariel.

Sold my 1070 Bonneville in summer 2019 and thought I was finished with biking and then I saw an ad for this bike and as it was local I decided to have a look, fatal!

It left the UK in 1995 to go to Kenya, came to Ireland in 2004 and was stripped down and forgotten soon afterwards. Running nicely now after a bit of love and skint knuckles

John

Ariel KH500.jpg

Nice work.  I'm still going on my lockdown project ..... but aim to finish this year.

16 hours ago, John Reilly said:

John

Ariel KH500.jpg

That's gorgeous! Got any before photos? 

17 hours ago, John Reilly said:

John

Ariel KH500.jpg

Very nice indeed!  I note the obligatory newspaper underneath.   

On 4/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, SeanF said:

Thats a very good plan Andrew. Like Steve, I have enjoyed restoring a couple of bikes since I finished the TR6 in 2018. First a 1976 Triumph Bonneville which I imported from the US, followed by a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, also a US import but not imported by me. Enjoy riding both when the weather allows.

IMG-20210409-WA0003.jpeg

Stunning Sean!....... However, doesn’t look authentic to me........ where is the oil patch underneath?-_-

3 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Stunning Sean!....... However, doesn’t look authentic to me........ where is the oil patch underneath?-_-

Thanks Tony. All authentic :D. Had her out for a nice spin this afternoon in the cold 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, Tony_C said:

The health and safety officer at  the local supermarket had asked Sean to move his bike ,because he had parked it on a rather large oil spill. The area can be seen behind fenced off to prevent customers slipping on the oil. ;)

8 hours ago, Mark69 said:

F1C44534-DCDF-4EA9-84BA-0D303A777DA0.thumb.jpeg.7109332df40c396856379211ce666c6a.jpegLast year I had a little bit of a mid life crisis and bought myself this little Italian beauty, haven’t even passed my test yet.

Nice, the Scrambler is a lot of fun.

get that test passed  pronto !

Do they still do direct access test to bigger bikes?

I passed my bike test in 1980/1 I think when the examiner stood on different corners of a housing estate at you went round and stepped out into the road for an emergency stop !!

6 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Do they still do direct access test to bigger bikes?

I passed my bike test in 1980/1 I think when the examiner stood on different corners of a housing estate at you went round and stepped out into the road for an emergency stop !!

I did DAS in 2004 and it was quite onerous, with three tests !

Practical with observer following on another bike

theory CBT

Hazard awareness ‘gamified’ test

worth it :-)

3 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

I did DAS in 2004 and it was quite onerous, with three tests !

Practical with observer following on another bike

theory CBT

Hazard awareness ‘gamified’ test

worth it :-)

i did the IAM advanced test on my BMW1150GS Adventure.a good course with lots of friendly observed rides.

often thought of doing the car one- and turn upon the TR3a with aero screens and see how they cope - as they tend to advise based on modern cars and all the driver assistance they provide power steering abs etc

H

Here’s a shot of Scruffy and the Superlight queuing to get out for a test ride after servicing :-)

Scruffy is a 1976 CB550 and the Superlight is a 1996 model, they are thus 20 years apart but remarkably similar technologically.

both also great to ride in their own way

132897A7-55A6-4AD1-91A1-13B5C1E33F4D.jpeg

Edited by Steves_TR6

I used to have a 748 s

great on the track as it comes alive over 70/80mph has ace brakes from 140mph +

so not great on the road.

me on track

4B555F92-7FA0-427C-98A4-620C3003B7A2.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
  • 1 month later...

I have 4 bikes in my garage but I have no Idea what they are, the road bike is a Kawka 650 the 3 off road bikes are other stuff. When I was young I used to love trashing  round what I think was a Two stroke 250 round the hills on my mates farm, we used to get some serious air on that bike.

Not having a bike license license  I also borrowed at Least 3 road bikes off of some friends at various stages and wrecked two of them, possibly why I could never get a bike license.

A few years ago when my eldest started to get into bikes I thought as I was older, heavier and wiser I should rekindle my interest in 2 wheeled motorised conveyances, so I borrowed Davyds TZR50, needles to say that within 100 meters I had dropped it :rolleyes::unsure:, so I guess I should stick to 4 wheeled triumphs (I would still really like a bike though :wub:)

• 1 month later...

Roads are far too bus down here for the TR with staycation, good excuse to take this out.

image.png.d77896eefb633b3f68b52e3ab5cb2e2e.png

Edited by Paul J
35 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Roads are far too bus down here for the TR with staycation, good excuse to take this out.

image.png.d77896eefb633b3f68b52e3ab5cb2e2e.png

Is that an r9t Paul?

i quite fancy a horiz opposed twin ( being a big air cooled 911 fan) 

steve

26 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Is that an r9t Paul?

i quite fancy a horiz opposed twin ( being a big air cooled 911 fan) 

steve

Hi Steve

Yes its the R NineT I have always liked the Boxer, and have had quite a few over the years mainly airheads, bit like Marmite love them or hate them.

Paul

This is my 1986 Honda 600 XRR. All my others bikes (except a 1988 Honda 600 Transalp and a 300 KLXR Kawasaki) are two strokes all terrain bikes : 290cc 2005 Sherco Trial (as pictured above -72Kg !-), 240cc 1976 KTM, 250cc 1992 Honda CR, 250cc 1995 Yamaha YZ, and the list goes on.

IMG-20210330-00885.jpg

Edited by Chris59