What Motorbike(s) do you have in your garage?

4 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

The flowers look great, must be our soft southern air :rolleyes:...............and Enzo hasn't eaten them either!

As for the chocs, they're well and truly hidden!

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew

placing chocolates in your tummy does not count as “Hiding”, well according to my wife anyway. :rolleyes:

cheers and keep on getting better

Alan

6 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Look in the fridge, the obvious places are the best.

Glad your doing well and keeping amused.

x

2 hours ago, Kiwifrog said:

Andrew

placing chocolates in your tummy does not count as “Hiding”, well according to my wife anyway. :rolleyes:

cheers and keep on getting better

Alan

Thanks Sue, you were almost spot on. Bev hid them in the unused freezer in the garage in which she keeps the cat food and booze, neither of which I partake in so don't open the door -  the latter being a consequence of the daily cocktail of medicine since my stroke. 

Thanks Alan, you are almost right too as there are several she'll never find now! 

Sheers, Andrew

Just completed this 1957 T100.

IMG_2458.JPG

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

Just completed this 1957 T100.

IMG_2458.JPG

Nicely restored - as a long haired 19 year old in 1976 I put a deposit on a new T160 Trident, but NVT were going down the tubes so didn't go through with it, a move I came to regret. However, I have set my sights on buying an original UK one before I stop riding:

BE4F25B5-A5AD-4B7B-9B19-36E759C6C22F-8792-00000E3218DF7C6F.jpg.3a79fe089ca71c6b1f83187add1e47eb.jpg

Just in case someone here might be interested,  I've recently been recommissioning my Norton Commando 850 Interstate (1973) with the view to selling her.  I restored and semi-customised her in 2011.  The style I sought was of an update to the original 750cc fastback model. .  

P1050806a.jpg.cb02befeda6a6beadb0a9fadf6

The seat and fastback tail are interchangeable with the standard seat, and of course the BMW Touring panniers fit with either. .

P1320616.jpg.4be876c46d14e99a4533f515fc7

There are dozens of changes, which if you're interested are surmised in my for sale advert on Car & Classics  < here

Pete.

p.s.  I'm selling because I want a TR4A  ..hint ..hint

Edited by Bfg
ps. added ..I want a TR4A

Having completed the T100 my bench was looking rather empty, this 1984 Honda VF500F came to my attention locally and has become my latest project. Only 8K miles on it but had not been used for 15 years. Got it running and sounds very good, it's now completely stripped, biggest problem is the fuel tank with a bottom that resembled a colander so a little tin work to contend with. Frame off to the blasters and powder coaters.

Paul

s-l1600.jpg

I nearly bought a 1970 Bonneville T120r a few days ago but reality caught up with me and at the age of 72 my bike riding days are over and I have had quite a few BMW'S,Triumphs,BSA  in the past.

It is just not safe with some of the idiots out there and even driving the TR5 we have had close shaves.

Yes I could buy a Bonne and just look at it instead of the tele but I do not trust myself to do just that.

Nice pics keep em coming

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Funny you should say that, I am almost certainly going to be selling my '67 Bonnie, as I seldom take it out these days, & at nearly 70 I think I should quit while I am ahead !

Bob.

1931799822_LHS2016.thumb.jpg.aa261d9a5ad5aa76ba9a485612ee95a2.jpg

Harry, Bob

70 is the new 60 which is the new 50, so that's where I'm at - give into age at your peril. 

Keep riding, you don't need to ride balls-out just at a safe speed for you and the bike and just enjoy being free on two wheels.

After Bev's and my recent health scares our attitude to life has changed, as in we try our best not to put anything off because we'll be a long time dead.

Cheers, Andrew

If asked how old I am - I now reply 56..  which is perfectly true as it's the year I was born  :D  

But I'm in the process of selling up my bikes (was 14 and I'm now down to 4 ) not least because I know it will hurt a hell of a lot the next time someone pulls out in front of me ..and my reactions (as much because I now don't ride frequently) are not as sharp as they were ..to avoid it.   It used to be old fella's in cloth hats that didn't see bikes, now it seems it's as much young mothers eating biscuits, texting or on the phone, and at the same time shouting at their rampant kids who don't see beyond the confines of their cosseting glass box.  

Half a dozen years back,  I scared myself going into a corner too fast on my BMW K75 Ultima,  so I signed on for the IAD rider's course.  The issue turned out that I was used to big twin cylinder motorcycles and rode fast using their engine braking combined with balanced front & rear braking.  Conversely, the BMW triple was half as heavy again with hardly any engine braking, and most of the braking force was through the front wheel.   I altered my riding style, firstly by riding in the next lower gear (as the man says what's 500rpm matter, when the engine is designed to take much more) so that when I shut the power off - the bike slowed very much more rapidly.   And I also slowed further in advance of corners (to avoid front suspension pitching of this fully dressed cruiser) before powering more progressively through bends.  These two things mostly resolved the issues I had.  But after a lifetime of riding more powerful and taught bikes,  you would have thought how to ride a relaxed cruiser would have been obvious. :blink:  

That IAD course of course also emphasized reading the road well ahead and anticipating other road users, which I was already doing pretty well.  It also updated my older knowledge of road regulations.  Darn 30mph speed limits are everywhere now !  ..except in town where the inner ring-road is 40 ?   Ironically,  I had an minor fender bender just a couple of months later, while driving my Chrysler Grand Voyager.  I drove according to the road regulations,  but the other chap didn't and clipped my rear quarter. Oops perhaps he didn't see this huge people carrier in front of him ?   The claim was a small figures insurance annoyance ..on that occasion, but it could have been nasty had I been on a bike. 

That aside,  I guess the honest reason I'm moving towards hanging up my silk scarf is that I've gotten soft and lazy sitting behind a computer desk 9 hours a day.  The wet and the cold are now particularly uncomfortable ..so to be avoided.  And all the cumbersome gear is a  p.i.t.a.   It's just so much easier and just as much fun to drive a TR. !  

• 2 weeks later...

Just sold my 1962 A65 Star after a complete restoration.It was left out in the elements for about 16 years before I acquired it,every thing was completely  seized !

l also did another complete restoration on a 1974 xl250 Motosport, & just finished a 1983 Honda 400n Super Dream ( not able to upload the Honda photos!!).

Had to sell the A65, as the garage was getting a bit cramped with 3 motorbikes & the TR5 !

532219B7-8805-465E-B121-6625B4E62274.jpeg

Love the xl 250

i have an xl185 in the back of the shed. 

I cant believe the superdream is a classic !!!!!!

19 hours ago, steve w said:

XL250 motosport 

D7355E24-4ABE-4A95-BD00-E9791CFEF248.jpeg

Love the XL250 and that's a cracking restoration!  - my first bike was a brand new SL125 in 1974, I was 17 and that little bike got me into enduro, trials and motocross bikes.

One day I hope to see one in my garage next to a PE250.........

Cheers, Andrew

IMG_0168.JPG

Edited by Andrew Smith
2 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Love the XL250 and that's a cracking restoration!  - my first bike was a brand new SL125 in 1974, I was 17 and that little bike got me into enduro, trials and motocross bikes.

One day I hope to see one in my garage next to a PE250.........

Cheers, Andrew

IMG_0168.JPG

The SL125 is also getting quite rare these days. You need to get one in the garage as soon as possible!

It was quite difficult getting some parts for the XL restoration ,when I bought the bike it didn’t have an engine and I thought it would be quite easy to pick one up,but no such luck, after a long search I managed to pick up a rolling chassis with a engine I had to completely strip it and rebuild it.

The first picture is when  I collected the bike the other is after I striped the bike down,before I had parts sand blasted & frame etc powder coated.

I must admit I farmed out the paint work to a guy who has done work for me before,& can do a far better job than me!
Cheers Steve.

07ACF788-F0FD-41A8-8D49-4562ADD159CD.jpeg

4B74816A-2DED-44F2-899D-D761A923DC57.jpeg