What Motorbike(s) do you have in your garage?

34 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Like a sack of nuts and bolts?

Than everything is at its best with the Duc!

:)

Exactly!

i also have a Panigale which has a modern ‘wet’ clutch, it’s not right !

steve

• 3 weeks later...

P1320046.thumb.JPG.a0788d75dff0a276d8145106b0f475a2.JPG

^ the previous and correctly sized ribbed front tyre was dated c.1971  so as I'm recommissioning the bike this month (readying her for sale) I've fitted a replacement of the nearest size I could find at a sensible price.  Original spec for the front was a ribbed crossply of 4.50x16 and this one is 130/90-16 so a tad wider but a more appropriate diameter and profile than the more commonly fitted 5.00x16 Avon SM's now fitted to these bikes.  New inner tubes, rim tapes and balancing for both front & rear tyres.

The petrol tank (seen above) is off one of my other 'Beams,  as the existing tank's paint wiped off with a slight petrol spill whilst being filled from a jerry can.  It is somewhat bewildering to me that some people spend numerous hours in careful preparation and repainting a petrol tank  but don't first dealt with surface-rust within it,  and then also use most useless paint they might have found. 

P1310853.thumb.JPG.75570f67d585682a569db5a9a906225f.JPG

^ Seen here prior to being compounded and polished, but thoroughly cleaned out and sealed inside with POR15.   Outside : topcoat layers of paint removed, stabilised with cold galvanising paint, and then repainted with etching primer, black base coat and then sealed with petrol resistant two-pack clear lacquer. 

Being inexperienced in paint matters its not 101% perfect, but then the last tank I had resprayed by a professional wasn't either ! ..and as the rest of the bike is a tidy and authentic 'rider' rather than over-restored iced cake - it'll be nice.   In-tank filters thoroughly cleaned and checked, petcock corks replaced, fuel pipe replaced. And although I have new,  I'll put the original knee pads back on ..to help retain the bike's pleasant patina. 

Edited by Bfg
Reason for edit : grammar

Hi,

yesterday evening I did a repair work on my 1932 Norton mod. 18.

With the new brake shoes the rear wheel did not run free, so I put the 7" assambly with an adaptor on the late.

Cut the surface round and down to 176.5 mm, also bend the backplate a little bit because it was "wobbeling".

P1120707-b.JPG.71d4a5ae81771b6ca2fbf124fb3b86dd.JPG

P1120709-b.JPG.328d8418019491d906fbfb8df021a6a9.JPG

P1120708-b.JPG.64ba9d4a2448d9e6885f487840086d4c.JPG

Wheel runs free now, I'm very pleased.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
damned german auto correct
  • 2 months later...

Since my stroke on 28 June and spending 7 days in Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley I've been recovering at home which is going well. For the last couple of months I've also been spending a few hours a day tidying up my 1970 Honda CB750 K1 which I bought in December. I've had the tank, side panels, headlight bowl and brackets repaired and resprayed in Candy Ruby Red (original colour) in Germany. This weekend my new new OE seat arrived and I couldn't resist a trial fit and taking a few photos in the sunshine to get an idea of how it's coming along. 

Photos below - I'm really pleased with how it's all coming along and it's been great therapy for me - hopefully by the end of November the headlight and brackets will be fitted, carbs balanced and new tyres fitted, then I can keep polishing it and my TRs until I get my licence back in July next year. 

Cheers, Andrew

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20197.0;

Hi Andrew,

the pics do not show, but the most important bit of your post does:

Good to read you are recovering well!

All the best,

Waldi

Great to hear your health is progressing in the right direction Andrew, and love the pics of the CB

I could drop by on the superlight one day and compare maybe ?

steve

2 hours ago, Pogo said:

Lovely Andrew.

Looked good on the dining room table, but better on the bike and the sunlight does wonders for it.

Keep at it!

Rog

Thanks Rog, it definitely looks better on the bike in the sunshine than on the table.

Good to see you last week on your way to pick up Julie from Sotton - Bev's flowers are still alive and I havent found the chocolate yet! ;)

Cheers, Andrew

50 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Great to hear your health is progressing in the right direction Andrew, and love the pics of the CB

I could drop by on the superlight one day and compare maybe ?

steve

Thank Steve,

Yes, it would be great to see the Superlight when the weather dries up.

Cheers, Andrew

8 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Bev's flowers are still alive

I'm surprised - I bought some for home too and they aren't looking very good at the moment!

Disappointed as I thought yours might be the same.

I was going to say let's hope the chocolates last longer, but it might be too late for that! ;)

Rog

1 hour ago, Pogo said:

I'm surprised - I bought some for home too and they aren't looking very good at the moment!

Disappointed as I thought yours might be the same.

I was going to say let's hope the chocolates last longer, but it might be too late for that! ;)

Rog

The flowers look great, must be our soft southern air :rolleyes:...............and Enzo hasn't eaten them either!

As for the chocs, they're well and truly hidden!

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
1 hour ago, Andrew Smith said:

As for the chocs, they're well and truly hidden!

Cheers, Andrew

Look in the fridge, the obvious places are the best.

Glad your doing well and keeping amused.

x