TR2/3 FIA Ally tonneau?

I've not seen any photos before of a sidescreen TR running an alloy tonneau cover in an International

race before.Might be useful to someone if contemplating using/proving getting an HTP.

Also shows the perspex screen and a front undershield.

You'll have to go to Revs Digital Library/advanced search and enter ...    12 Hours Reims 1956-07-01 car number 25

It'll be photo number 2 and it's the car following the D type(of course!!)

TR driven by Messrs Hubert/Van Den Driesche

Roger M-E

From memory Roger the safety regulations have moved on since ally tonneau covers were used. I seem to remember a Motosports regulation requiring the edge of any hard tonneau being a set distance from the drivers neck helping prevent a severe injury in event of a serious accident and violent driver movement. If it's been changed perhaps a current competitor can put us right on that.

Mick Richards

Mick ,

I also remember from some time ago that that rule was in effect, but over the years

either it's been relaxed, amended or just ignored? Certainly, the old JD Classics

Cooper Jaguar T33 was/is regularly campaigned with both ally tonneau cover AND

that height of stylistic endeavour, wheel spats.Maybe because it wins everything a

blind eye is turned?

Cheers

Roger M-E

There are several that run enclosed passenger areas . D types etc.

I surpose it comes under the regs which allows no roll hoops or seat belts in historics