TR5 History bits

Hi all

Whilst clearing out some draws yesterday I came across a couple of bits related to a TR5 I owned (1989-1993)

The bits include bills of sale (Geoff Mansfield of Northern TR), a long letter from a previous owner detailing work done on the car

plus a picture of the car racing at Oulton Park 

When I bought the car from Geoff the reg number was TR 125 but, due to my not being into quaint number plates  l sold it to a farmer down in Hampshire - he put it on a late TR6. I then put an age-related (G reg) number plate on the car but can't remember what it was

The car's commission number was/is CP3012

The engine number was/is 2238 E

The car was conifer green, surrey top, wire wheels and o/d

If the current owner wants to contact me via this forum would be happy to forward these bits-  I am not sure if I should give out e.mail address/phone numbers on this site

so hopefully someone will clarify? I would have thought phone number would be OK?

Ernest

Ernest,

you better not put any private info on this forum like email adrss, phone number, home adres. Use the PM system for that.

Regards,

Waldi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a note to have one more go at contacting the current owner re. the TR 'bit' I have found recently - see top posting on this thread.

If I don't get a positive repose to this message the material will no doubt be dumped at some point. This would be shame as the

material does provide some interesting history on the 5 whose numbers are noted. So, if any of you out there know someone with a 

conifer green 5 with surrey top etc. then please bring the posting to their attention.

Best Wishes

Ernest

13 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Hi all

Just a note to have one more go at contacting the current owner re. the TR 'bit' I have found recently - see top posting on this thread.

If I don't get a positive repose to this message the material will no doubt be dumped at some point. This would be shame as the

material does provide some interesting history on the 5 whose numbers are noted. So, if any of you out there know someone with a 

conifer green 5 with surrey top etc. then please bring the posting to their attention.

Best Wishes

Ernest

Hi Ernest - why not contact Roger Ferris, TR5 Registrar, and maybe send it to him, details in TR Action, and he could either keep it, or find out who the current owner may be and forward it on?

Regards
Ian

• 2 months later...

Hi John

Good to hear from you. I do still have the bits I think we need to make contact off this site but I am note sure how we can exchange contact details as

I have been advised (see above) not to post phone number, address, or e.mail details on this forum

I live in south London (Hayes in Bromley) whereabouts are you?

Best Wishes

Ernest

You can PM or Private Message each other 

If you click each other’s user names 

you will see a screen with an envelope 

click this and a screen  similar to an email will come up. That is already addressed 

write your-message and privately share email address etc 

B6AA76C8-5E28-40BB-B28C-FE8B7D7A0D94.png

479B4D9C-FDC1-442B-B008-0F65209E16CE.png