What model Triumph is this?

Folks,

I found this picture listed on EBay.UK. The listing said it’s a Tr4a and a factory photo. However it has trim detail behind the front wheel I’ve never seen before. Also it doesn’t appear to have a bonnet badge.

It also seems to have a stripe on the leading edge of the bonnet, but closer inspection shows similar tape on the top of the rear wings near the taillights. So maybe this is some type of protective tape for shipping. 

Any idea what model TR this might be?

thanks

Jim

CCC7B9C1-13B6-4F21-A44A-4E73AD0D7034.jpeg

It looks like a TR4 and the tape seems to be decorative to me. For shipping the bumpers would be taped up and the hubcaps would likely be off. The vent things on the front wing also look like decorative items so if this is a factory photo perhaps they were playing with some striping/trim ideas as we saw on the TR250 later.

Stan

So it does Roger but doesnt the 4A have them too ?. The original ebay ad says it is a picture from 1967 and identifies it as a TR4A but I guess 1967 would also put it in range of the TR250 development and explain the crappy looking stripe attempt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=292727250543

Stan

Can't imagine they are anything other than decorative trim, that location would mean they are straddling the baffle plate location beneath.....