Non standard HS6 carbs

Evening all,

I have a pair of HS6 that id like to fit to my 1965 TR4A (vice Strombergs). 

The carbs are Aud678s from a 2500 TC and have the breather pipe, unlike the tr4a standard HS6. Just wondered if anyone had experience of fitting such and had any tips? Correct needles aside, the rocker cover breather already feeds the manifold so I planned to just cap the breather inlets on the carbs, but i suspect it might not be that simple??

Thanks for any advice. 

David

Hi David.

Yes, it is that simple, I bought a pair of HS6's from Cox & Buckles spares, back in the 70's. They were originally for an Allegro sport ! but re-needled to suit Tr's.

They had the breather pipes already plugged.  I used them like that for decades, & only recently realised what they were for, & now I am using them to breath oil vapour from the rocker cover. all running well.

post-12009-0-24497400-1530687532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lebro

Like Bob, I bought a pair of brand new HS6s from Pete Cox at one of our meetings at Tetsworth in the 1970s.  They were fitted to 4VC during the re-build in the early 1990s because the original H6s were knackered.  HS6 is better than H6 as the feed from float chamber to jet is in a tube, so the problem of gasket leakage on the underside of the carburettor is eliminated.

Ian Cornish