Having been through this experience with my TR3 radiator, I elected to have mine rebuilt with a new core and a strengthened joint where the long neck joins the top chamber. That joint was where mine was leaking. It has been watertight now for 4 years.

If you go the new radiator route, I will bet you have to fix it within a few years, they are inherently weak.

If you are having the radiator rebuilt they can fit brackets for the electric fan at the same time, much better than ties or a stand alone bracket. Had this done on my TR6 radiator, they worked so well I wish I had thought of it during the TR3 rad rebuild.

Mick

You might also want to do away with the starting handle hole, this increases the rad capacity quite handily!

I had my rad recored and strengthened neck etc >10 years ago and have electric fan/thermo. NO cooling/overheating problems or leaks.

Mike

Edited by MikeF