TR7 trim colours

According to the chassis plate on my 1980 TR7 the trim is RAG which is Golden Tan Check.

In order to make a quick tidy-up of the car I bought a new hood cover / hood stowage bag in Tan, but it's nowhere near the same colour as the seats or trims; it's very pale and to be honest clashes with the seats. I'd not have gone for it if I'd seen it before purchase, but the photos all show a darker colour and the one I've been sent - despite the opaque packaging stating 'tan' - is more like beige.

Before I initiate a return can anyone confirm this is beige rather than tan and my seats just aren't darkened by time? :)

DSCF6110.jpg.58e45bdc5ed26d73e13f2eb21e736306.jpg

Hi,

Your seats look like all the other Tan seats I have, I have a "Tan" hood bag which is a colour match for the seats - what you have is very light.

Cheers

Ian

Twenty years ago I made the same mistake. I still have the lighter coloured one but sourced a good condition original tan item. Because the cover you have bought is aftermarket the manufacturer will have a different shade of tan. The factory colour is golden tan.

The supplier seems to have different shades on the website, but there is definitely a difference between the one I have, marked tan, and the one they sell listed as beige. I'll post photos of the two they advertise as a guide. I went for the darker one, which was listed as tan, but seem to have received the other one. I've started a returns process which to be honest hasn't been the most straightforward of processes.

tan.jpg.89a9ff7d25f4ecd87589bc38ae5bf36e.jpg beige.jpg.fd1fcd47c15df9438362e36af1ec107b.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Had the same issue from a well known supplier some years ago! 

Was supplied with beige after ordering tan and supplying the train code.

would have thought they may have sorted their stock by now!

They just don't seem to care what they send out.

For trim items I use the Roadster Factory in the the states - always correct and no more costly, even with the carriage charges.

I've returned the item and requested the proper colour, but they've just sent me a refund.

Now I've no idea if the proper golden tan ones are available, and this was a mistake, or are they saying to themselves that they supplied the correct colour and I was just too picky?

So: should I try again, or should I just go for black, which is about £60 cheaper? I think black will do...