Offer of new / re-cored radiator

Hi

My rad' is leaking a bit top right and looks a bit shabby.  Local guy who is closing up his shop offered me looking like new rec-cored, re-sprayed etc and original off a TR6 for about £270. 

May I ask my fellow TR6 owners what they think of using an original which I read is what better  and also of the price?  Please consider, in Denmark I'd likely pay a pile of cash to ship from UK.

Rich

Edited by AarhusTr6

Hi

Yes - it is a Stanpart and it has been fitted with a 'big element' (translation from Danish).  Is the main advantage of these the material quality or build quality?

Rich

My radiator's lower seam unzipped whilst at the Le Mans Classic a few years ago. I found a local industrial/commercial radiator company who rebuilt it for me by taking it all apart fitting a new higher capacity core and then rebuilding it with some fittings for the electric fan. I gladly paid the 250Euros and it has worked well since. The one you have been offered sounds a much better quality item that a "new" one.

Mick

5 hours ago, stuart said:

Just check the inlet and outlet pipes are the same as yours.

Stuart.

Good point Stewart - but sorry to be thick, are there differing inlet and outlets?,

thanks.

Rich

Edited by AarhusTr6

Yes, seen

The bottom outlet is a few inches inwards on the earlier Rad'.

Now my car is a CC but with a later engine and unfortunately its away at my summerhouse.. hmmm  now memory tells me I have a later Rad' on mine but sometimes I am wrong ;-)

Is it not a case of ordering the correct bottom plumbing?

Rich

Hi

Can anybody help me identify which hose is which from this kit?  Supplier is https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/triumph-tr6-coolant-hose-kit.html

I think it makes sense to add a new set whilst at it.  They also offer stainless hose clips so may do that too. 

PS - Carb / US version.

Rich

hoses.jpg