Ammeter connections

Hi all,

My ammeter has just comeback from being refurbished and doesn't have the round (brass looking)  screws that hold the spades in position on the back (i'm afraid i dont know the name and can't find any info on them) but my temperature gauge does have them.

The ammeter was sent back to me with just nuts on the back and no spades. The firm sent the spades back to me but not the round screws and i can't remember if they were on the ammeter when i sent it to be refurbished or not.

My Question is do i need them or can i just use the nuts on the spades ?

I hope this is not a daft question but electrics are not my thing so i am trying to double check everything electrical!!

Many Thanks,

Nick

I believe the gauge on the right shows the backside of the ammeter, because it has the brown & white wires.

Looks like you need the big bracket, two bolts/screws & two nuts.

DSCF1148 (5).JPG

Edited by Sapphire72

Thanks Guys,

i have the holding bracket and understand it musn't touch the spade connectors. i am talking about the round nuts/screws that you can just see in the above picture on the gauge on the left, or can i use the ordinary nuts that are  already on there.

Hi Nick,

I would like to recommend these "knurled nuts" for easy get them the instruments in and out, to find for example at Rimmer or on eBay,  

on my instruments they are M5 the high typ (very usefull), Rimmer says they are 5 mm (M5?) on TR4/4A and 4 mm (M4?) on TR6.

Ciao Marco

Edited by Z320

Sorry guys i am not making myself clear. I understand about the knurled nuts and bracket. If you look at the picture, the gauge on the left has the green and black wire and the light green and white wire are coming off two spade connectors. If you look carefully they are held on by round brass looking screws. My temperature gauge has them but my ammeter just has nuts.

These are what i am not sure about, do i need them or are nuts ok? 

Many Thanks

Nick

Edited by Coulstock