3rd Brake Light

As I had a TR2 rear lamp assembly amongst my collection of bits and pieces, I changed the chrome-covered rear light on 4VC some 25 years ago and added wires to give me a central combined rear and brake light.  I think that the number plate is slightly lower than on a standard TR4.

Not quite as obvious to owners of modern cars as it's lower and quite small, but every little helps!

Ian Cornish

_RGP1013-1280.jpg

I bought a modern black plastic number plate surround and mounted a row of LEDs above the number plate, works for any classic. Easily reversible

LED.jpg

Edited by cvtrian

Yes made my own using a strip of red LED`s and and a piece of aluminium bent to suit and shaped  to fit the rear window with a rubber seal against the window to stop downward reflection.

Stuart

.post-3753-0-75379000-1531819437_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-40506900-1531819450_thumb.jpg

Similar to Stuart's, except I used a proprietary fitting from car builder solutions and rather than fix to the alloy frame I folded the metal support to fit between the  rear glass seal and the backlight trim.

Personally I don't think having one at number plate level qualifies as high level, especially on a TR, plus many of today's drivers are conditioned to reacting to that 3rd light..

Mike