2 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Roy - I assume you have the straps fitted to your hood frame, as the strap extends backwards from the frame to fix over the long peg?

cheers

Rich

oh then i have not fitted the straps correctly

Roy

Edited by roy53

499246840_Hoodframe3.jpg.0fe18defdcf3400f05a63e625267c0ae.jpg

Note - this is as original. Note how the lift-the-dot fasteners at the bottom of the hood
are arranged to allow the hood to be 'ripped off' horixontally.

1985437008_Charcoallooppilecarpet.jpg.3adf201986a544347fc5e989725823cd.jpg

These are the long tenax over which the blank holes tank panel go over
and are held down by the carpet lift-the-dot fasteners.

Detail is a little different if you have a rear seat fitted.

779525688_Hoodframe4.jpg.850fc9f4eb8811f4187d73019a633f8b.jpg765205849_Hoodframe5.jpg.0611ebc8d9fc124fdba609676aa6ef85.jpg

A couple more original details for completeness.

AlanR

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Roy,

assuming I'm looking at the correct item the leather reinforcement is actually  a plastic pouch.

On mine  with the strap doubled over and the plastic pouch it causes a small bump of the hood fabric when it is all assembled.

I'm considering making the last 3" or so out of  a Stainless steel 1.5mm plate and the strap attached to that. It should reduce any bump.

Roger

if i still had the these i would have kept them and known the answer to my questions but for some reason the web fixing dose not have the lift dot fixing on it and seems to have been fixed with the same plate as on the hod frame. I would like to get back to original to allow the new trim to fit.