Feint High Pitch noise

Pulled on the drive when I came back from my spin out and noticed a very feint high pitched squeak on tick over, depress the clutch and its gone. Any ideas 

Paul

Edited by Paul Hill

I spoke to guy who looks after the cars oily bits he said if it really feint not to worry.  I did think about the fan belt I will investigate next time its out. The car as stood for two years and only done 500 miles with in that time, but people have said its not uncommon for a Clutch release bearing to go after a year.

Paul

Edited by Paul Hill

+1 clutch release bearing.. mine was like that for more than 10,000 miles (including the RBRR).. when I finally changed it the bearing felt really rough, but still functioned fine. Replaced it with one from TRGB which Jason had prepacked with grease. Now totally silent :-)

Tim

33 minutes ago, Mike C said:

Does the crankshaft pulley move much when you depress the clutch?

Yes,

when you press and depress the clutch the cankshaft always moves (a minimum)!

Thats what the trust washers are for, BTW better not push the clutch when you start the engine.

I have such a noice on my car from time to time since years and do not care about.

I measure the play of the crancshaft from year to year, it is a minimum to much (0.17 mm, manual tells 0.10 - 0.15 mm) but does not get worse.

That`s OK for me.

Edited by Z320
added the play of the crankshaft