TR6 glove/cubby box lamp Retainer Moss P/No 623920

Hi Folks,

after an interesting learning curve I am now up to speed on how I did the last ones and have now made 4 blanks.

Am awaiting a tool to cut the bulb holder hole (15mm Q-max cutter)

I have made the attaching flange a little bigger O/D for convenience.

For those who want one they are £6. (to cover metal and tooling costs)    PM me your address and I'll send Thursday/Friday this coming week. 

Roger

DSC_3998a.jpg

Edited by RogerH
typo

Rather than q max cutter I would have held the job in a 3 jaw chuck on the lathe and passed a step drill through to the desired size.  Less effort and will probably get the hole in the centre every time.  

Just a thought....

Peter W

Hi Pete,

I had considered that but the cutter gives a good precise hole.

There is no guarantee that the outer diameter on the flange is actually concentric with the centre as it is the result of the spinning process. 

A four jaw would do it but the cutter is easier.

Roger

On 1/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, RogerH said:

Hi Mark,

Moss shows it on the LH side.

Roger

LH on RHD  cars. Then RH on LHD cars.  That is how I worked them our when I Sold new glove boxes to TR 6 owners all those years ago......

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/20/2022 at 5:28 PM, fsmith8591 said:

I know this post/conversation is a few years old, but I was wondering if you were still making the glove box light bracket?  If so, I could really use one.

Fred Smith

Hi Fred

I bought one from Roger a while back and didn't end up using it so I have one if Roger doesn't.

Regards Stephen

On 6/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, Stephen H said:

Hi Fred

I bought one from Roger a while back and didn't end up using it so I have one if Roger doesn't.

Regards Stephen

Hi Stephen,

have you made contact with Fred

Roger

On 6/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Richard,

I will make you one in second 1/2 July

Roger

Thanks Roger I will PM you my brothers address and again you are a wonder!!!

Hi Roger,

Lamp holder arrived yesterday and is perfect, thank you. Lamp fits and works without any lug bending so I am a very happy TR owner! Please let me know how you would like to be paid and I'll get on to it.

Really can't thank you enough for your time and innovation and wish I had the know-how to engineer parts like this.

Best wishes,

Adam

Hello Roger -

Like Adam my lamp holder arrived on Friday, for which many thanks. 

Now for fitting it...does anyone have an image of the installation of the switch which operates this light please?  The rubber buffer 631001 is no longer available (shown as 51 in the diagram)...The Moss parts diagram shows a bracket on the side of the aperture for the glove box lid, which I presume it to fit the switch to, but which is not numbered...https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/dashboard-crashpads-gloveboxes-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Hoping that someone has "been there, done that"...

Mark