Wind Deflector

I installed a perspex wind breaker in the Alleybars roll over hoop on my 6

whilst it improved top down buffetting and noise it changed the airflow and sucked fumes into the car, so its gone now.

i suspect the mesh ones are better in this regard?

steve

Edited by Steves_TR6

Sean,

Try and find a good used Breeze-Breaker made by TRR member Chris Russell.  You'll need to be patient as sadly Chris no longer makes them, but they do crop up from time-to-time on eBay

BB's were, and still are, the best available - I found mine through placing a 'Wanted' thread on here and luckily a member had one he no longer used.

Cheers, Andrew

IMG_7373.JPG

IMG_7374.JPG

On my TR6, I've got a BreezeBreaker with the mesh and it's pretty effective.  It fits to my Aley Roll bar using velcro straps.  Just a few things I've found:  rear view through the mirror can be reduced under certain lighting conditions, the mesh gets mucky from all the 'stuff' that gets sucked up from the back of the car  (better on the mesh than the back of the head though) and the curtain that hangs below the BB doesn't stop air coming under the curtain and entering the cabin.  On this latter point, I asked Chris to make a longer curtain that stretches down to the floor - this reduces but does not eliminate the cold air coming in.

Having said that, I wouldn't be without one now.

Thank you all for your replies so far.

Does anyone know of, or have a Breeze Breaker for a 6 that is available to purchase?

In the event that one is not available, is anyone using, and happy with one of the alternatives and if so which one?

Many thanks all,

Sean

• 1 month later...