Plastic floor sections

Hi guys

Anyone have any information on the plastic that appears as rectangles just behind the seat belts and across the floor section that covers the axle?

I purchased a 74 TR6 for restoration that has been stored some 30 years. The motor was seized and the perishable parts have perished but the body and frame are rust free. While I was in the process of removing the carpeting I noticed these 3 areas that appear to have some manner of plastic covering them. Having inadvertently managed to crack and shatter about half of them I can see they were installed when the floor was primed and then painted body color with the rest of the car.

I would of liked to preserve them but already failing that I would like to recreate them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Left side section pad on my floor was cracked apart, I simply applied adhesive & pieced it back together, like a puzzle..

The red paint is original factory floor primer that was underneath the pad.

Walt

DSCF1147.JPG

Edited by Sapphire72
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you all! Outstanding response. Forgive my slow reply but I expected some notification when not logged in.....my bad. I now see reoccurring instances of these pads clued to various panels. So far only the tub floor ones have shattered leaving pristine red oxide primer. It is an interesting sight. Also my carpet in some areas was original and other areas replaced but the underlay was a diamond molded foam much like the home underlay of the day. Was this original? It disintegrated as fast as it could be removed. I'd like to restore the car as close to original as possible so these little oddities are of interest.

As always, thank you so much for your attention and advice.

Dan