Oil pressure light query

Hi all.

Started the TR in the shed today to circulate oil, exercise clutch etc, and noticed that the oil pressure warning light (which has always been disappointingly pale when activated compared to the ignition light) illuminates partially when the headlights are on and the instrument light dimmer is turned from off to on. That is, when the engine is stationary the light goes from pale to a little brighter, and when its running the light changes from off to a very pale (but noticable) glow.

I suspect voltage is backfeeding from somewhere.  Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Regards.

I had similar at night with a running engine (no issue with starting brightness though). Try removing the speedometer illumination bulb temporarily from the back and see if that stops the dim glow on the  oil pressure lamp. It did on mine so i suspect some internal bulb shrouding in the speedo is missing/damaged.