Just a warning   Although tyre tread depth might be OK It was easy for me to over look the age of my tyres 7 years old They do deteriate with age also the valve can crack in rim.

Please be safe and check for age & wear   Stay safe and Have A Happy New Year

Edited by delboy

Good point. For the mileage most of us do in TRs with correct steering geometry and road use only our tyres will still have good tread depth left when reaching their 'Best before' date. Just look for DOT on the sidewall, near to that there will be a cartouche containing four digits giving the week and year of manufacture, e.g. a tyre marked 3316 was produced in week 33 of 2016. If yo don't find such a code you could be in potential trouble, with a tyre made in the previous century!

Tim

31 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

Good point. For the mileage most of us do in TRs with correct steering geometry and road use only our tyres will still have good tread depth left when reaching their 'Best before' date. Just look for DOT on the sidewall, near to that there will be a cartouche containing four digits giving the week and year of manufacture, e.g. a tyre marked 3316 was produced in week 33 of 2016. If yo don't find such a code you could be in potential trouble, with a tyre made in the previous century!

Tim

Hello All

3 digits before 2000

Roger

Hey snap, mine are 367F which means over 50 years old. See topic My old Pirelli tyres are stamped 367F in TR4Forum.

Good job it is still in the garage being finished. Not been further than the end of my drive so far.

New tyres on the list for New Year.

Edited by RobG