Here is a great period piece. Nostalgia for Noel! The last race meeting featured is the Goodwood TT with Stirling in his pomp, but who was the driver of the white TR3A?

https://www.bpvideolibrary.com/record/641

Bill Piggott tells me its not known to him but advises its a Canterbury registration dating from November 59. Anyone any ideas?

Happy Christmas Tom

Hello Tom, ah, so it was Roy North's car.....he used to run a motor accessory and tuning bits  business in Watford in the late 60's....used to advertise in that wonderful rag Cars and Car Conversions , our bible in  the University of Bristol Motor Club  circa 1968, when we all had tuned 850 Minis with Peco exhausts......would that I still had my '59 Mini now that they are making joke prices....

I patronised Roy's shop a few times....even stumped up £25 for an exchange polished and ported Mini head once and carried it home on the bus ! 

As to TFN 500, no details ever on the Register as far as I know, and DVLA doesn't list it as current......Bill P.

Bill You are likely correct.The earliest race Mr North entered in a TR2 that i can find, is

June 1955 at Silverstone.Alas, we can no longer enter into correspondence with Bill

Boddy on the matter!

Roy also raced an SS100 Jaguar before the TR2 and also appears to have shared a Saab with

Sid Hurrell on at least 1 occasion.Also ran in a Lotus and a Morgan.

Died rather young in 1993 aged 64.

Roger M-E