Rolling Road for Pi TR6

Guys

At a very well attended and enjoyed Leicestershire Group skittles evening last night one question came up for which there appeared to be no answer, Where can members take their fuel injection cars for setting up on a rolling road.  We know of various rolling roads who are happy to take the cars but all of whom refuse to do anything with the mixture settings on the metering unit " don't understand that ".

The question therefore is - Can anybody on the Forum recommend a rolling road station where the operators have experience, knowledge and willingness to set up mixtures by altering the rings on the metering unit of a fuel injected TR car?  

Thanks in advance

Tim

Steve

I know Pete Burgess well and he will not touch the MU.

Have Enginuity got their own rolling road or do they use somebody else's unit?  What we are looking for is an operator where we do not need to go through a third party. (And London from Leicestershire is not ideal!!!)

Regards

Tim

Sorry Tim, i know Pete does ignition tuning and thought he did PI

Enginuity do have their own rolling road, there was a group dyno-day there a few years ago

steve

Apparently this company are very familiar with PI tuning, I haven't used them yet though: http://www.rollingroadtuning.co.uk

Ian

just oot of curiosity, why do ye think the PI set up needs tinkerd with,

if diff cam ,head, comp ratio,  ex, then fair enough.

or is it just wear an tear oft engine, result,n  in yer PI no acting as it should

pray tell

M

Edited by GT6M

GT6M

Can I refer you to the first posting in this topic.  This refers to a discussion at a recent Leicestershire Group meeting where members expressed the view that they could not readily come up with a rolling road site who would be willing to adjust PI MU.  Not my car specifically and not any specific faults on any members car.  

Others who did read the original posting have been most generous and provided potential sites for Leicestershire Group members to consider.  My thanks to those posters.

Regards

Tim

I did read it, an way I seen it was  either you, or some others in yer group.

could,nt fin a RR near

ne mentionee at all that it wer,nt you, or the others in need of help,.

be specific!!

re ne body wants t,touch the MU,

its a bit like a few up this area, will bung yer car on a RR

but, if its got SUs / CDs /Hitachis or the like, then they wont touch em,

nee needles,or info on hoo t,adjust them

Webers , ne problem, Dell,orto,s, a bit harder.

modern EFI, great, just fiddle wid the + / - buttons

IF they wont touch the MU, then why dont  you lot do it whenst on the RR

only thing ye gotta doo is move the ring a wee bit either way at a time,

tek a note wot was shifted, an keep on adjusting, it really wont be that far away

unless yer pump, filters, inlet pipe , PRV are mukked up,

this ye should no befoer going to a RR, its basic common maintenance checks

M