PI Throttle Disc Position Gaspedal vs WOT

CR Body: I connected the Gaspedal and looked at the Disc Position with gaspedal fully pressed.

See Pic. Does this seem acceptable? What is the WOT position? I know WOT is less but how much?

Anybody care to share a picture or comment

Jochem

Disc Position.JPG

I would have thought that WOT would result in horizontal butterflies. Yours look to have overtravelled slightly. A small adjustment to the pedal stop or throttle cable would fix that. Whether you will notice the difference is another question :)  

Edited by peejay4A

WOT may mean pressing the pedal to the metal. However, effective WOT occurs earlier since manifold pressure has dropped, and further pressing the pedal no longer leads to manifold pressure change. Therefore, WOT position is not the mechanical fully open position. My picture actually shows slightly UNDER travel, since there is actually mechanical travel left over.

is that engine EFI,ed, if so WOT is very important

as yer TPS needs t,no where the throttles are at

that pic looks ok t,me,

note, just cos ye got WOT at low speeds/revs dont mean that yer engine will be getting moer air there, it,ll just get in ..WOT.. it can eat an digest

its moer important t,get all discs opening as one, EVEN if it looks like one set maybe

opening later than the other sets by looking at the levers ont TBs,

but whenst looking inside { as yer pic shows, } then it,ll be seen that there opening the same

or using a balancer, it,ll show this up best

M

On 12/22/2018 at 7:03 AM, JochemsTR said:

WOT may mean pressing the pedal to the metal. However, effective WOT occurs earlier since manifold pressure has dropped, and further pressing the pedal no longer leads to manifold pressure change. Therefore, WOT position is not the mechanical fully open position. My picture actually shows slightly UNDER travel, since there is actually mechanical travel left over.

Hi Jochem,

you are right about MAP not changing much at the last increments, and as a result the MU will not get more fuel once there is “no underpressure”. But I do not understand what you are after exactly.

In theory flow will be about proportional with cross sectional area at a given pressure drop once almost open, but is restricted by the head and engine.

Regards,

Waldi