Under bonnet insulation

1 hour ago, StuartG said:

Found several USA suppliers selling this 

https://goo.gl/images/GM4pZn

but none in UK ?

That looks rather cool

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, StuartG said:

I have been thinking about tidying up my engine bay in particular fitting insulation to the underside of the bonnet. Any recommendations appreciated ...

Do any suppliers do pre cut sections that fit in between strengthening ribs on bonnet underside ?

Hi Stuart,

For the inside of the bonnet I am not convinced that it is a good idea where E fuels are used as they have a lower boiling point. I completely rebuilt my power unit in 2016 that included the nylon injection fuel lines and this Summer I had problems with hot starting but not if I left the bonnet open! My car's bonnet is 1970's undersealed which slows down the cooling process. When I touched the nylon injection lines they were untouchable by hand. I now suspect that the fuel was boiling inside. I then looked at the wall thickness of my old injector nylon tubes as the tubing has gone metric and found the imperial tubing has a thicker wall thickness and I believe that is where some of the problem lies.

Bruce.

Hi Bruce

Yes I am concerned it may have that affect . The underside of my bonnett looks like it was painted with stone chip then over painted in red The trouble is the red paint is now flaking off so it looks dreadful plus I am getting red flake deposits on the engine. I will let you know happens !