Our Forum, and the Way Forward

Good Evening everyone,

Some of you will know that following the recent AGM, and the appointment of new Chairman, Allan, he and I had a long chat about Our Forum, and jointly concluded that it was time to take a long hard look at every aspect.

Allan asked me to start the process, and I in turn readily accepted, a little about me, Cumbria Group Leader for a long time now, ardent TR'er and ardent Forumite, my own veiw is our Forum is a fabulous resource on many levels, from Technical Information to Friendship Building and Club Membership Recruitment, and lots more besides, but it is not perfect, and both forumites and previous club managment, have failed to make the most of its potential.

With this in mind, we have the following to tell you all;-

We have formed a team of four keen Forumites;-

Stan Foster from the West Coast of America,

Tim Burgess from Canada

Brian Renshaw from Lincoln, and myself.

We have two dedicated board members  whom we can contact - about anything to do with our Forum,

namely;- Mick Forey and Phil Horsley

Now we need YOUR Help,  we need to know;-

What you like or dislike about Our Forum,

Do you use The Forum more or Less than previously?

What can be Done to make our Forum Better, and Why?

How do you think the resolutions passed at our recent AGM, have affected Our Forum?

....and anything else you can think of!

We plan, and have Allan Westburys approval, to make this a wide ranging, comprehensive review, as an example,

we can take another look at Our Forums, Revised New Rules, and we could effect change quickly, without the need for an AGM etc.

We would value input from all Forum Users, including our International Forum Visitors, for whom The Forum, is a large part of their TR Club Experience.

You should note that we will also be reaching out to TR Register Members via TR Action, and users of other forums.

We can be contacted in a number of ways, we have a dedicated email address;- briantrforum@gmail.com - You can PM any of the four mentioned above, Stan, Tim, Brian or myself, or you can contact me directly - details in the mag or on the club website under Cumbria Group. We will collate ALL, the comments received and create proposals for consideration by our Board.

Now it is over to all who are interested in improving Our Forum, in any way to let us know.

John Morrison.

Well done John and the forum review team (FRT). 

I’ll drop you a line via email. 

Do you have a deadline for comments in mind ?

H

Morning John

I will give it some thought, to date I have found the forum to be extremely helpful, visit three or four times a day, mainly the General TR & Technical, plus the 250/5 section and classified. I occasionally drop into the forum help rules, didn't know it was there until a moderator moved my new post from 250/5 to that category. I joined and owned my TR5 August 17.

I do have one suggestion, maybe change the name of the forum review team to 'Forum Advanced Review Team', feeling mischievous. :D

Best wishes and good luck with this,

Mike

3 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

I do have one suggestion, maybe change the name of the forum review team to 'Forum Advanced Review Team', feeling mischievous. :D

I once worked on a development project for a dialysis machine. One member of the team was a Member of the Association of Renal Technicians. I often wondered if he could have become a Fellow...

Pete

Is there a reason we have to have cookies on the TR site and forum?  If you block them which does seem easier in the latest W10 1809 version, you cannot enter the site at all.

Just for my own curiosity please

John

• 4 weeks later...

Why is it impossible to contact anyone about any web site issues? I've filled in the Website question page on two occasions, I've e-mailed 'technical' that appears not to be anything web site technical and that was forwarded to the office. As yet I have never ever had a response to my questions. I had a couple of points last Autumn and they were vere replied to either.

I suggested to Mike at 'technical' there should be a webmaster e-mail contact but nothing yet even though it was thought to be a good idea by him.

Other than that, I've been using forums for over 20 years and this is up there with the top ones. Only problem is the bullk of postings to get through if you are away for a day!

Edited by Richard Pope
On 1/19/2019 at 2:03 PM, RogerH said:

Hi Richard,

Wayne is normally very helpful if there are problems. Drop him a PM.

Roger

Wayne who? How does one contact the Webmaster?