Wiring Loom Routing Under Dash

Hello, I am in the process of rebuilding my TR3a, now a right hand drive. I have a new wiring loom from a trusted supplier so I am sure its is almost mm perfect. I am trying to get the wiring loom fitted, most of the routing is self explanatory however under the dash / bulkhead area is rather a mystery.

So relative to the underside of the battery box, heater and the like where does it go ? The sections I am thinking about is the main bit which crosses from the pedal box area to the passenger side, the dip switch extension which appears very long and the dash/gauge extension itself. There are various tags I see under there but it does not make any sense.

Pictures would be ideal but descriptions are also good.  Thanks in anticipation.

John

Hi john.

Just taken these photos, not very good I'm afraid, & probably confusing because I have a lot of "extra" wiring in place.

20181217_173331.thumb.jpg.def6a018c8e9e8e05e76ac42474a94dd.jpg  20181217_173143.thumb.jpg.3d906feff636c153234e4c375d95f167.jpg  20181217_173050.thumb.jpg.47be9cdb0e467ef447ecaa6a9a6745b2.jpg

RHS loom emerging through bulkhead                                                       LHS loom going back through bulkhead

RHS loom splitting 

The loom starts off at the fuse box, passes through the bulkhead, then splits two ways, one way goes rearward along the heater mounting rail then up to the dashboard guages, switches etc, the other passes behind the battery box, & accross to the LHS, off this section the dip switch loom turns around & then drops down to the switch. At the LHS the loom then goes back through the bulkhead to connect up to the wiper motor, & left hand lights, horn etc

Bob.

Edited by Lebro
  • 3 years later...

I am presently rewiring a TR3 for a customer. As car is not being kept original I am having to modify the wiring loom that customer purchased quite intensively but at the same time I am going to do it neat and tidy so what I am modifying will not be very noticeable. I will try and add pictures as I go.

36 minutes ago, Adrian Fuller said:

Hi Graham

Spotted the indicator stalk, does this also have horn and where did you get it? part number wold be amazing!!

many thanks

Adrian

I have a combined horn/indicator switch and wiper washer switch on the other side unit from a MK3 Mini which fits the column of a TR if your interested. Like this setup

Stuart.

patrics tr2 019.jpg

Edited by stuart

Hi Adrian, I have the Bastuck rack conversion but I used a Mini indicator switch which has the horn and dip switch combined. I didn't use the dip switch but I managed to modify the mini cover to fit over it and taped a thread into the steering column for a small stud to self cancel the indicators and it all works rather well.

Graham