My car currently has a written style choke knob, I've replaced all the other knobs and want to put this back to a picture type (1970 CP). When I removed the written type I realise the choke cable is different. 

I went to the usual suppliers and nearly spat out my tea at the price of a new cable! 

Is there a way of securing the picture knob to my current cable? Or does anyone know where I can obtain a more reasonably priced earlier cable or have a second hand one? 

Thanks

Gareth

Thanks for the link Roger, quite a bit better on price, only problem is they are listed as out of stock. 

I might try some epoxy and a grub screw and see if I can't secure the new knob to the current cable. 

Gareth

Check that those are the removable knob type - if that's important to you. It is a right royal pain having to remove and unthread the cables, just to withdraw the choke from the front if you should ever need to remove the dash. Having said that, the removable knob repro. cables I've seen are nearly double the price!

Cheers, Richard

It doesn't really matter if I had to change the cable anyway to get the correct picture choke knob, just hoping I can adapt the cable I already have installed

Gareth, I wasn't happy with the poor quality of the knob on the repro cable I purchased maybe 12 months ago, in fact, it pulled free of the shaft on first use. The one it replaced was possibly the original style cable with a much nicer removable knob, so I simply  cleaned all surfaces with degreaser, roughened with grit paper and glued it onto the shaft with JB Weld.  It's held fast ever since!

Gavin

IMG_20181216_2018586_720x960.jpg