Celebrity antiques road trip tv

It’s got a TRRegister badge on grill so may be a current members car?

I did notice it appears to have a TR4 hood and frame on a tr4A - not sure if that’s because that’s all the owner had or he decided he preferred the simplicity of the earlier hood.

cheers

Rich

Nice car, b awful programme!

22 hours ago, rcreweread said:

It’s got a TRRegister badge on grill so may be a current members car?

I did notice it appears to have a TR4 hood and frame on a tr4A - not sure if that’s because that’s all the owner had or he decided he preferred the simplicity of the earlier hood.

cheers

Rich

Or took off a Surrey top?

3 hours ago, monty said:

Nice car, b awful programme!

I know what you mean about the prog. Not something that taxed the brain which is needed sometimes. 

But it does do a lot for the classic car movement they always have two on the prog. 

H

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Same car as used in Eastenders a few weeks ago. Not that I watch it, of course.

Tim

Yes, I also saw SYK 313F featured the other day on the repeated Antiques Road Trip episode, together with an MGC. I found myself repeatedly encouraging the driver (all three who drove were guilty) to keep both hands on the steering wheel of their car as they should be at all times except when gear changing, operating a minor control or giving a hand signal to another road user or person controlling traffic as shown in the Highway Code (see Rule 103 and Appendix). I regret that this lazy comportment at the wheel is almost universal in TV and cinematic portrayals and, worse, very common on the road. Why do some like to drive with one hand on the gear lever, are they afraid they won't be able to locate it when required? Who has not seen others drive with their elbow and forearm on the door top and/or a hand gripping the roof? Perhaps the latter is excusable if the person is driving a TR with surrey or soft top and they are afraid of losing it!

Tim