Suspension Upgrade - Retain Stock Height

Hi,

We have a 76 american 6 that is in need to a freshen up suspension wise.

Would like to retain stock height but improve the bodyroll and the soft rear, whats the best options for this?

it needs new bushes so thoughts were changing them all for poly ones as a start, i then started looking at a slightly stiffer rear spring and uprated lever arms.

I have looked at the rear shock conversions but it seems  50/50 on how people view them vs a lever arm setup for road use.

New adjustable Spax shocks for the front seemed a good idea too.

Would like some feedback on what routes people have gone down 

Thanks 

Fit a rear anti-roll bar. Koni all round but measure up the rear conversion brackets to avoid IRS failure. You may need thicker front ARB to compensate for rear.  Springs are a minefield. You will probably need to try several before you get right height and handling. With the ARB you can keep the spring rate soft to handle everyday obstacles like pot holes & ramps.

Jerry

Fronts go for poly bushes all round, then a thicker antiroll (sway) bar. Upgrade the springs but only slightly, something like Moss TT4006. Shocks I guess personal choice.

Rears again poly bushes. Upgrade the springs to Moss TT4211 or TT4212. Personally I’d stick with the leverarm shocks but change the oil for Penrite no.2 or motor cycle fork oil. You can also get updated valves for them. 

That should be good enough for thrashing around the lanes.