Long door TR2 Restoration

This is my long door TR2 restoration project. Ready for completion of the wiring and bleeding the hydraulics. I have a Skinners New Tan upholstery kit and fawn top and tonneau. It should be back on the road in 2019.

Shines inside and out. That looks wonderful. 

But i I do have garage envy. Complete with guard dog. :D

38 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Shines inside and out. That looks wonderful. 

But i I do have garage envy. Complete with guard dog. :D

That is the workshop shed. I don't argue with the dog.

My garage looks like this. Th chassis and body is the car in the video.

319083446_Garagewith3TRslongdoorbodyoff.thumb.JPG.33e98e60e2ee780e4f97cd76b0ccdaf4.JPG

I obviously didn’t work hard enough :(

but I know I was never going to get rich working as an EHO at the local council but I did try and keep people healthier and safer despite the year on year financial and personnel cuts.

enjoy your hobby and congrats that is a truly lovely space.

H

13 hours ago, Hamish said:

I obviously didn’t work hard enough :(

but I know I was never going to get rich working as an EHO at the local council but I did try and keep people healthier and safer despite the year on year financial and personnel cuts.

enjoy your hobby and congrats that is a truly lovely space.

H

I have owned the BRG TR2 since February 1976, nearly 43 years, and it is my daily driver. The TR6 is an indulgence as is the restoration project. One will go when the TR2 is finished.

9 hours ago, John McCormack said:

I have owned the BRG TR2 since February 1976, nearly 43 years, and it is my daily driver. The TR6 is an indulgence as is the restoration project. One will go when the TR2 is finished.

John

don't get me wrong. NOOOO-one can have too many older cars. 

I’m lucky to have one and do the odd sprint and hillclimb with the club champs. It’s the space I’m envious of. :D

but even tho Oz is a big place with lots of space it’s still at a premium around the cities and east coast. 

I spent a year there in 1989/90 driving everywhere in a 1973 falcon even got to the f1 at Adelaide whilst working in a chocolate warehouse in port Melbourne.  After which I opal mined in Glengarry NSW which I believe has been gentrified with roads and everything,

A wounderful country. 

22 hours ago, Hamish said:

John

don't get me wrong. NOOOO-one can have too many older cars. 

I’m lucky to have one and do the odd sprint and hillclimb with the club champs. It’s the space I’m envious of. :D

but even tho Oz is a big place with lots of space it’s still at a premium around the cities and east coast. 

I spent a year there in 1989/90 driving everywhere in a 1973 falcon even got to the f1 at Adelaide whilst working in a chocolate warehouse in port Melbourne.  After which I opal mined in Glengarry NSW which I believe has been gentrified with roads and everything,

A wounderful country. 

It is a great place to live. We travel a fair bit and we love many countries but Australia wins every time.

We live in what is a close in, about 5kms or a 55 minute walk from Sydney CBD. We moved here 2 years ago and were fortunate to find a 120 year old 3 bedroom house with a big garage with rear lane access. That is when the BRG TR2 was joined by the TR6. The restoration TR2 wasn't planned but when the car was offered to me I couldn't let somebody else finish it and not build it as an original spec car.

All garages with a classic in them are worthy garages. Our previous house where we lived for 22 years had a single carport. The BRG TR2 lived there, family cars on the street.